Galils and Robarm followers

Hail all wecsogs and competent converters. I'm not ready to do a conversion yet on my S.223($), but I can change a FCG , floor plate,and PG (did that on my Romak 1 so I could use an E. German stock set painted Black of course). Just wondering if anyone has added the Robarms follower to a galil mag. I can make a floor plate with hacksaw and hand file so I could be firing hi caps in my sporting rifle for the cost of the G2 set and the followers. About $60+ shpg, not bad ,I have the mags and Dinzags bullet guide is enroute.

Thanks bikes

Edited by 40bikes
...Just wondering if anyone has added the Robarms follower to a galil mag... Thanks bikes

That's an excellent question. Anybody got an official US-made Robarms follower, and a few Galil mags? The metal Galil mags take different followers than the Orlites, so please compare to both, if you've got 'em. (I doubt they will fit, or can be modified to fit, but I've been wrong more than once before.) I know from building FALs and parts-kit AKs that magazine parts (if you can find them) are one good option for reaching 'compliance' (or buying ultra-cheap 'compliance insurance,' which I do myself, on a regular basis).

Another thanks!

;>)

Compliance is indeed the issue (and the money). I can get 3 followers for the price of a piston,5-10 followers for the cost of eliminating just 1 foreign stock piece. I know with the dinzag bullet guide I won't require the follower for the galil mags to function, IF the rifle is already compliant, but it might be the final piece to reach compliance to use the hicaps. Thanks,Bob, for restating my case, bikes

I could of told ya.I had ordered two of ther followers late Nov and was just contacted today for my security # on the back of my credit card,why they waited 3 weeks to get around to that baffles me.That and the cost for two followers @ $22.00 shipped :eek: ...i decided to cancel the order.