DEAD COYOTE OOBUCKSHOT

Has anyone shot any on the "Dead Coyote" OObuckshot yet?It's a non-toxic load that is supposed to be way harder than lead but expensive.The original "Dead Coyote" loads were loaded up with size T shot but that appears to have been changed to OObuckshot.It would sound coyotes were to big for the smaller shot.How are the groupings?Penetration?Do they shatter on hard surfaces or flatten?

My buddy and I went on a night hunt for coyote here in NH (Winter season) and he was using the Dead Coyote T-Shot. He only got one shot, (I got none) but it worked fine, dropped the coyote nicely. Nice tight pattern out of his S-12 with no choke, cycled fine. We think 10 pellets at 20 Yards in the lung/rib area, and some in the neck we found. I didn't know they made it in OO as well, it is probably pretty good. I believe that the Hevi-Shot is a tungsten steel alloy, but I don't know for sure.

Dangerman

Thanks for the input dangerman.I still see the T shot size in some stores as old stock but now the new stuff appears to all be OObuckshot.The price is the killer.Good to know the T shot grouped well in his S12 with no choke as both of my S12's are chokeless...I have used Sellier and Bellot 2 3/4" OObuckshot out of everything and i seem to get good results.Hard to digest though buying the Dead Coyote loads at over $1 a pop after shooting the way cheaper Sellier and Bellot.

Thanks for the input dangerman.I still see the T shot size in some stores as old stock but now the new stuff appears to all be OObuckshot.The price is the killer.Good to know the T shot grouped well in his S12 with no choke as both of my S12's are chokeless...I have used Sellier and Bellot 2 3/4" OObuckshot out of everything and i seem to get good results.Hard to digest though buying the Dead Coyote loads at over $1 a pop after shooting the way cheaper Sellier and Bellot.

Hunter, Look into the Speer Lawman 00 buck. I think I gave about .50 cent per round. It shoots a consitant 5inch group at 25yards. It is 8 pellet and has a medium brass.

the hunter,

S&B was some of the biggest patterns in my S12, but I've opened the choke up a bit and haven't tested again. (it's should open up worse than before, but I don't know if it's still the worse).

It is pretty soft kicking, so might be underpowered too? This is 2 or 3 years back and off the top of my head .... YMMV.