Straight From Mother Russia

My 8X posp is not the brightest in the world either... I think one thing to keep in mind, is that they are designed to be used with the red light on when you are in low light levels... dusk/dawn/dark... so with that in mind... figure accordingly...

Other than that... No clue.

:smoke:

The light level you describe seems consistent with the similar scopes I have here. They are truly for illumination under a low/no light environment. The brightness is fine under those conditions.

Edited by tritium

This may be a little off-topic, but I'm planning on getting a PK-AS and a 4-8x42 POSP and I read on posp.ru that shipping is included in the retail price, but when I sent an inquiry, East Wave said that shipping was going to be $34 per optic. What's the deal? Has anyone else had this problem?

This may be a little off-topic, but I'm planning on getting a PK-AS and a 4-8x42 POSP and I read on posp.ru that shipping is included in the retail price, but when I sent an inquiry, East Wave said that shipping was going to be $34 per optic. What's the deal? Has anyone else had this problem?

Aren't they different companies? That would explain the differences in shipping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my POSP 8X42 from East Wave. I dropped a CR2032 into it and nothing is happening. Took it over to Radio Shack and the guy there was thrown too. Am I missing something or is there a different battery for this thing? My battery compartment is on top and looks like it holds the CR2032 just fine but I have no illumination.

Looking for suggestions since East wave won't answer their damn phone!

Here's the one I have: 8x42w0.jpg

Phoenix

Houston, TX

Edited by lordphoenix
I just got my POSP 8X42 from East Wave. I dropped a CR2032 into it and nothing is happening. Took it over to Radio Shack and the guy there was thrown too. Am I missing something or is there a different battery for this thing? My battery compartment is on top and looks like it holds the CR2032 just fine but I have no illumination.

Looking for suggestions since East wave won't answer their damn phone!

Phoenix

Houston, TX

Those scopes do not have blazingly bright illumination and when I got my first one I didn't think it was working either, until I kept the lens cover on or went into a dark room and then the reticle visualized very nicely. If you are still unsure, take the bulb out and test it with a couple of wires to the battery in case it's just a bum bulb. Likewise you can check for voltage present at the socket with a simple multimeter.