Eastman scope mounts

I see they have two sizes, the low and "standard". The scope I may end up using has a large (56mm)objective lens, would the Eastman low mount be TOO low for such a scope?

Yes it would unless you use high rise rings. I did this with my .308 and just got enough clearance to remove the scope and mount over the RSB. Mine has a 50mm objective but you may still be ok with 56mm. Here's a pic.

post-1293-1168929041_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming you guys are talking about "Eastwave" mounts, I've never heard of Eastman. Eastwave and Belarus mounts are the same Russian made mounts that come in hi and low rise.

http://www.eastwave.ca/products/mounts.html

Yes, it is Eastwave, sorry for the typo!!! Do you also need thier mount (item# 0702) ? Look like the Saiga already has that sidemount rail, but would that work with thier scope mount?

It will work with the mount that is on the Saiga. :up:

Is that mount on their sight the low rise or the high rise?

I am guessing it is the high rise that nobody wants since they don't specify. I have been through that bullshit one too many times.

Tony

Edited by TonyRumore
Is that mount on their sight the low rise or the high rise?

I am guessing it is the high rise that nobody wants since they don't specify. I have been through that bullshit one too many times.

Tony

The large pic on the left is the hi-rise and the smaller pix are the low rise.