Mojo Peep Sight

Does anyone have any experience with a mojo peep sight installed on their S-308 (Or any AK for that matter). Is it really that much easier to get a good sight picture? The reason I have trouble with AK sights is because the rear sight is so far away from the eye. I've only shot peeps on an AR and M1 Garand. I can't imagine how well it would work if your eye is 8" back from the rear sight. Any testimonials? Thanks in advance.

Shane

I've got a Krebs peep sight on my Saiga-308 (16"), and I'm very pleased with it.

I too had difficulties with the standard AK rear sight, I just couldn't line it up easily. Not so with the peep sight.

When sighting, the rear sight is perfectly overlayed over the front sight, so all I see is the front sight post, right in the middle.

Alright, I'm sold. But I can't justify buying the one with the click adjustment on top for 20 more. I am not a good enough marksman to need it. Can you sell me on that? This gun is used for target shooting and pig hunting now (eventually, irons will be back-up when hunting), after I get some 20 rounders i'll give it a shot at 3 gun. Is there any reason I would ever need that thing? It looks kinda crappy to me.

Alright, I'm sold. But I can't justify buying the one with the click adjustment on top for 20 more. I am not a good enough marksman to need it. Can you sell me on that? This gun is used for target shooting and pig hunting now (eventually, irons will be back-up when hunting), after I get some 20 rounders i'll give it a shot at 3 gun. Is there any reason I would ever need that thing? It looks kinda crappy to me.

Sorry, I'm running a little behind on this forum.

No, I don't see a need for a clickable sight on your rifle, unless you plan to use it for combat or match shooting.

Clickable windage and elevation would be nice for those scenarios, but a little target shooting and pig popping shouldn't require a click adjustable sight.

I have the Mojo sight on my Saiga 308, I really like mine. I bought it years ago, and had it on a SAR-1, when I sold the SAR-1, kept the MOJO.

Its worth the money, still however , I wished I had bought one of Krebs peep sights while they were cheap, in 2004. I am used to M1A and AR type rear sights , having it further up the gun is some what different.

Still , its much better than the leaf sight standard issue. Its just a pain needing to have a Allen wrench to adjust it.

I wish now, MOJO had milled or cast a ring around the sight to allow the user to fill the ring in with white for an outline if desired.

For the money , you cant go wrong, even if you dont like it.

Does anyone make a "receiver-cover" mounted peep sight for the AK / Saiga? I'd rather pay a little more and get something I'm comfortable with than pay $40.00 or so and hate it. I wish I could find one of these at the fun show and try it out.

Does anyone make a "receiver-cover" mounted peep sight for the AK / Saiga? I'd rather pay a little more and get something I'm comfortable with than pay $40.00 or so and hate it. I wish I could find one of these at the fun show and try it out.

Check out the link below.

ReceiverCoverSights