Any Chance the Ultimak rail could be adapted to the Saiga 12?

Ok I am talking about the bottom rail NOT the proposed top rail to go over the gas tube.

IPSC_GUY

Forgot about those, it's been a while since I've browsed the Ultimak site. Guess I should have clicked your link.

Edited by ozone_00

Does anyone have the diameter of the back of the barrel, if so I can probably answer your question. I have an AK74 handguard set on mine, but I silver soldered the lower handguard retainer to the gas block so I can't get at it for measurement. I had the same idea for my next build and have a cheaper version of that style rail squirled away for the build. If I had the barrel diameter at the chamber I could see how much material would need to be milled out of the handguard to clear, I would suspect that the Ultimak three rail is close. Other than that, it's just an AK handguard and we all know they can be adapted to fit with a little work but it has to be wide enough in the rear for the large barrel diameter.

Kind of going for this look,

post-1866-1170374420_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm