which posp scope to get? 8x42 or 6x42????

about to place an order for a posp scope either 8x42 or 6x42.

but don't know which one to get.

the 6x42 is $20 cheaper.

all my shooting will be under 100 yards, but my targets will be on the small side. CROWS!

i'll be able to use open sights for anything under 50 yards.

any and all info on these scopes is greatly needed. and the sooner the better so i can place order before they sell out.

thanks ya'll!

If your shooting will be under a 100yds id go 6x.Actualy 4x or even a 1x red dot would be good for hunting at that yardage.I shoot crows around the plantation with a Marlin 22mag with a 3x9 usealy set on 4or5x,works good.

Edited by Pointer

thanks pointer! i messed around with a 2.5-10 on another rifle and theres not too much difference between 6 and 8.

i thought about the red dot route but i want something more precise.

i want to really see what this things got.

me and my dad were shooting golfball sized rocks at 50 yards with open sights with my par3 223.

its the most accurate ak i've ever fired.

i've been wanting to see what the 62gr hollow points will do to the crows.

i nailed one a couple years ago with my m44 nagant with silver bear 203gr soft points. only about 1/4 inch of skin held his two halves together.

Edited by TWGLADF
I have had both. My advice is for shorter ranges the 4x or 6x, 0-300yds, especially the 7.62x39mm. The .308 or 0-600yds the 8x with a VARIABLE DIOPTER. The variable diopter is worth the few extra bucks. Best Regards Scott

+1 on the adj diopter ... if you wear glasses you'll need it ... 6X should be fine ...

I had an 8X42 and it was a bit much and you've got more FOV (field of view) with the 6X ...

Personally I'd watch eBay or the various boards for a good used one and save a few $$$ ... IMHO

Edited by jugrunner
about to place an order for a posp scope either 8x42 or 6x42.

but don't know which one to get.

the 6x42 is $20 cheaper.

all my shooting will be under 100 yards, but my targets will be on the small side. CROWS!

i'll be able to use open sights for anything under 50 yards.

any and all info on these scopes is greatly needed. and the sooner the better so i can place order before they sell out.

thanks ya'll!

you know why you never see a crow ran over by a car? because there is always one of those black sum bitches in a tree yellin' car car car! I take my suppressed 10/22 when i go deer hunting just to shoot crows eating @ my deer feeder.