Scan of my Russkie Wartime TT33...

NRAJOE: I would say based on that pic, that your gun is in 60-70% condition, considering some parts arent original. I am pretty sure that the Tokarev is an exact repro of this gun if you want to replace any parts that are shoddy. I am not exactly sure on the real value of this gun, so if you would, keep us informed. If you need to, try these guys:

http://www.jcdevine.com/appraisals/appraise.htm

They are always fairly quick responding to my inquiries with old guns, and will probably be your best bet for anything old like that, or older.

Guest Guest_NRAJOE

What isn't original? All numbers match including the magazine! Slide...frame...mag...grips...someone painted the rightside for some reason...

22287TT33right-med.jpg

22287TT33LSIDE-med.jpg

Better pics...found a host. No import marks...no import safety.

This IS a Tokarev....TT33 Wartime Soviet!

Tokarev TT pistol (USSR / Russia)

tt33-l.jpg

Tokarev TT mod.1933 pistol, left side view

tt33-r.jpg

same pistol, right side view

tt33-pw.jpg

Tokarev TT-33, post-WW2 manufacture (with smaller slide serrations)

Chambering: 7.62x25mm TT (7.63 mm Mauser)

Type: Single action

Weight: 910 g

Length: 116 mm

Capacity: 8 rounds

The Tokarev TT ("Tula, Tokarev") pistol was developed as a result of continuous trials, held by the Red Army in the mid- and late 1920s. Red Army looked for a new, modern semiautomatic pistol to replace obsolete Nagant M1895 revolvers and a variety of foreign semi-automatic pistols. One of the most popular foreign handguns, purchased in numbers during 1920s, was the famous Mauser C96, and the Red Army really liked its powerful 7.63mm cartridge, which, in slightly modified form ,selected for its future pistol of domestic design. Red Army tested several pistols of various designers, and in 1930 eventually selected the design of the famous Russian arms designer, Fedor Tokarev. During 1930 - 1932 Red Army procured several thousands of new pistol, and after initial field testing requested several improvements, which resulted in the adoption of the model 1933 Tokarev pistol early in 1934. This pistol was manufactured in increased numbers prior to the Great Patriotic War. Before July 22, 1941, about 600 000 TT-33 pistols were delivered to Red Army. During war pistols were made in increasing numbers. In 1946 the TT was slightly modified to cut production costs, and its manufacture in USSR finally ceased circa 1952, with the adoption of the more modern 9mm Makarov PM pistol. However, TT served with the Soviet Army well until 1960s, and with the Soviet Militia (Police) - until 1970s. During late 1940s and 1950s USSR also supplied some of its new allies from Warsaw pact with licenses to manufacture TT, and it was produced in China, Hungary, North Korea, Poland, Romania and Yugoslavia, in more or less original forms. Most military TT pistols of non-Soviet manufacture were also in 7.62mm, with some commercial export versions available in 9x19mm Luger, and fitted with some sorts of manual safety.

For its time Tokarev TT was a formidable weapon, with good penetration and effective range. It was of good reliability and easy to maintain. What it lacked most was the manual safety, and its grip shape was not too comfortable.

The Tokarev TT is a short recoil operated, locked breech pistol. It uses Browning swinging link system, borrowed from the Colt M1911 pistol, modified to simplify production. The single action trigger had no safeties, other than disconnector to prevent out-of-battery fire, and a half-cock notch on the hammer. The only safe way to carry TT was to always have an empty chamber. The hammer unit was made as a single unit, easily detachable for cleaning and maintenance. Some years later Swiss designer Charles Petter developed similar system for the French Mle. 1935 pistol. Steel magazine held 8 cartridges. Fixed sights were factory zeroed for 25 meters. Grip panels were usually made of plastic or wood (wartime production).

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg20-e.htm

Might wanna read up on them before you speak....

Edited by NRAJOE

my advice is to email jcdevine like i told you and get it appraised for the ACTUAL value. looks like a good find. I try to knock the quality as best as I can so that I am not overshooting the bounds of what it is. All of that discoloration keeps it below 80% condition if you ask me, and the repaint doesnt help. I bet its worth better than 300 though if you ask me. I have sold a few guns for what jcdevine has appraised, and I think they are your best bet for a realistic and outside opinioned appraisal. He would also know if there WERE any tt33's grips that HAD been painted. Like maybe it was for dress uniform or something, as that side of the grip would show from the hip in certain holsters....I would email them your two pics there and tell them in great detail anything you see that isnt obvious in the pics, and get an actual value for it. I would guess 450-500 bucks. remember, one single dent in the wood even if its small, on a rifle or other gun with wood on it puts it down from 99% if its mint to like 96% or less....im not a tokarev expert, but I do know that the ww2 guns are expected to be less than 80%, and that is usually fine and dandy with collectors. See what they say. Im sure it will be enlightening.

either way, good find...why didnt you buy it sooner is what I want to know?

Thanks guys...BVAMP...believe me the gun is not discolored the way the scan shows...I played with the brightness and contrast to bring out the markings and lines. It IS blued better than that...I have had an offer already for $450 bucks! :eek:

I'm cleaning out the barrel at work right now...still had very good grooves in the barrel with light frosting but NO pits. Been cruising the web and have not found many examples better than mine so far. Seen one that was pitted and rusty for what I paid for this one.

I'll probably leave the one grip alone for now...was gonna take some alcohol and start rubbing it off but no biggie for right now...might of been done by some patriotic soldier fighting for the Motherland...if only guns could talk. :smoke:

if you arent sure what its worth, go where i told ya and get the REAL value on it from them. they are fast, AND all pro. if you dont want to sell it, its good to know what EXACTLY its worth.

by the way....if that enamel WAS done by some patriotic soldier fighting for the motherland...during the war, it INCREASES the value of the gun. its a war gun, not a show piece. something to think about. I would leave the enamel alone! I have seen russian memorobelia with that exact enameling pattern on it, so i dont know whats up with it, but if it was done in ww2 its worth something in itself. similar to someone carving body counts into stocks or initials in war guns........

• 3 weeks later...

It went to a bigtime WWII collector...said he'd been looking for one for awhile...made sure she went to a good home! I'm kind of an AK freak anyway. Glad I found it and could pass it on to someone who needed it and make a decent profit without screwing anyone...could of got more for it on gunbroker, but sometimes it ain't just all about the money. Still got the Tokagypt and will find me a good Chi-Com Tok soon...be more comfortable shooting those and not worrying about damage.

• 2 months later...