tdi arms x47 rail system

has anyone have any experience with the tdi arms x47 rail system? i can't seem to find any reviews on it. it looks sexy as hell but $379 is a nice chunk of change to invest. just wanna some more about it.

thanks for your time,

Zebra

thanks guys for the quick responses. i'm going to go the route you guys suggested. the tdi grip is sexy too.

one last question though. i'm going to be purchasing an AK47. unfortunately it doesn't have a "side scope mount rail thing" like on my saiga 12. is it possible to install one and is it a job for a gunsmith?

yeh, I should have said that as well, vjor. I have the m3 ultimak mount, which has the vent holes it it. the mount stays cool when I am smoking oil out of the barrel steel, and doesnt seem to change zero ever. the vent holes also seem to improve the cyclic rate as well as keeps the gun a lot cleaner. i dont have any experience with other setups, so I cant say if its better than the rest, but for my money, Im quite happy with it and the lower grip I installed.

Have you looked at the UTG quad rail system? It's a lot cheaper @ $69.99 and it includes rail covers. I've seen several places offering it, this is just one I could remember.

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html

I have been saving up for the UTG rail system for my 308. It looks like an awsome scout mount and looks to be more accurate than the Ultimak since it doesn't even really seem to attach to the gas tube, rather it just kinda hovers over it, so probably has less heat issues.

the only problem is I don't know if it is going to clear the 308 barrel. If it doesn't, then I'll just put it on a different rifle. At $70, you can't beat the price.

I wonder though, isn't UTG all Chinese made? Wonder if it counts as US part or foreign.......

the ultimak is designed to not actually touch anything except the barrel itself, and like I said, ive had my gun so hot the oil was smoking out of the steel of the barrel, but the mount was still not hot at all.