Noob Question!

I don't have the 7.62x39 one, but I read a lot here.

The short answer is yes and no.

Yes, standard AK magazines will fit in the rifle.

No, they won't fire reliably without installing a bullet guide (you have to do this to the 223 as well.) Dinzag makes a great kit that everyone raves about.

You will want to make sure you don't run afoul of BATF by breaking Section 922 regulations, however. If you want a high cap magazine, you will need to replace out some parts to get in good with section 922. Usually, just going ahead and doing a full pistol grip conversion is the best way to go.

John

hi

the saiga 7.62x39 rifle will accept ak mags, it will feed reliably as long as you fill the small oblong cut out in the front face of the mag as this raises up the angle at which the rounds are presented to the chamber and filling this does away with the need for installing a feed ramp, been running mine this way for around 5 years with 100% reliability. i cut a small piece of sheet metal to fit tight in the gap and with a bit of carefull tig welding it is a clean job

all the best

asassin