Old buttstock to new buttstock

Okay, I finally found the time to finish the buttock and forend from BattleREifle [very fine work!] and the end result was a fiddle back pattern on the forend and stock [i got lucky...] and my question is how do I remove the buttstock? The forend came off easily, but the buttstock just stays put after I removed the 2 screws. I tried pushing it off using the tip of a screwdriver [very carefully] but stopped before using too much force as I do not want to danage the buttstock.

Anybody walk me through this?

Any help is appreciated.

Full fifths of Wild Turkey are welcome.

Use a rubber hammer/mallet, and depending on the size of the head, either tap it out from the inside portion of the receiver or near/around the curved portion of the actual buttstock, wherever you can get a good solid hit (tap it away from the receiver, obviously).

Hope that helps!

Do this after you remove the third screw, of course. :P

Edited by hellgrün-K

If the stock wont come out after the screws are removed i use the large end (head) of a 8" metal punch and a hammer and whack the stock from the inside of the reciever,works good but make sure the head is big enough that it doesnt split the wood(If wooden stock)

Edited by Pointer