Picatinny rail under the barrel-how to mount

If you want to mount a flashlight or laser, there are mounts which will clamp onto the barrel without apicatinny rail.

If you must have a rail, I am hoping to offer one integrated with a bayonet lug and front site. Does it have to be on the underside, or can it be on the side?

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 3 weeks later...

I attached TDI Arms picatinny rail simply by drilling holes to the forearm for three bolts and nuts. I have a TDI vertical foregrip and it feels very solid. I don't know if the US (non-pistol-grip) Saiga 12 forearm is similar to the "european" version.

Here's a simple picture of the rail installation.

post-2-1093286521.gif

Edited by sakom92s
  • 2 weeks later...

SAKOM92: I'm glad you posted this pic. I am planning on adding an ACE folder after the sunset. I was concerned about the height of the cheekpiece and whether or not it would be high enough for the Kobra optic. Your chekrest looks like the ACE, but seems a tad higher than the ACE standard cheekrest height. How is that done? Did you modify it, and if so how?

Thanks.

Edited by inparidel

Ive decided to do this to my S12 but to the upper gas tube and im going to use a weaver rail.......anyone done it already? Im not too worried, it looks easy enough, just have to plane where the rail is going....

inparidel:

Well, after taking that picture I realized that the cheekrest had come a little loose :rolleyes: ...that's why the back of it is higher. So it's the standard ACE cheekrest, the only mod is that I replaced the original plastic attaching bolt and nut with steel ones.

The cheekrest works great with the Kobra. It has perfect height - at least for me!

Ive decided to do this to my S12 but to the upper gas tube and im going to use a weaver rail.......anyone done it already? Im not too worried, it looks easy enough, just have to plane where the rail is going....

Yep, going to do that as well. I plan on using somthing like a hose clamp around the gas tube. I hope I can find some in black.