Cabela's price on S.223

Found myself at cabelas yesterday....looking around the used guns......and spotted a familiar outline of the saiga .223....used....clearly used.....the price.....$399....now this is a stock gun, not converted.

I paid $270 for min new....

I found a Steyr M9 there about a month ago...used...price was around $400, with two mags.... i got mine for $320 new 3 years ago.

the point I am making is that Cabela's is not the place to look for a used gun.....new gun prices are not bad, but the used prices are just fucking silly!

Cabelas prices on a lot of things are terrible. I love the selection and customer service Cabelas has to offer, but if you're looking for a deal on just about anything, it's usually not the place to check first.

Now, they do have sales every once in a while, but their regular prices suck donkey ****.

the point I am making is that Cabela's is not the place to look for a used gun.....new gun prices are not bad, but the used prices are just fucking silly!

Um...no kidding?

Same thing with Gander Mountain.

Actually i got my Steyr M9 at gander....mine has some decent prices on some items....usually closeouts....or sale prices....i never buy any guns full price there...picked up nice used stevens 22 bolt gun there for $80 last year....

my point was that Cabela's is friggin deluded to ask that much for a gun you can buy new for $150 less....what ass clowns set the pricing in those places?

I guess they get away with the pricing because some just don't know better.....oh well.

The real pain in the ass is that i got $200 in gift cards for cabelas.....so....i gotta shop there to some extent.

Same thing with Gander Mountain.

Luckily MY GM hasnt heard of yours yet... LOL :lol:

I still see a few deals on used guns... and the prices on new arent so bad either, if you shop a little bit... I picked up the Ruger TNZ for 4 bills out the door... I was WAY keen on that purchase. Saw a Browning Citori in EXCELLENT shape, I dunno what grade, but it was less than $500... and I SHOULDA grabbed it cause the next week it was GONE!

Ah well...

Lets hope they STAY slightly cheaper on the used stuff!!!

:smoke:

I remember you posting about that TNZ Indy....you lucky bastard!.....they are sweet guns......if i found a deal like you got i would have nabbed it too, but otherwise...the $600 or so they usually go for is pretty high for a .22

I was at an army surplus store in Northern Kentucky with an FFL and they had a Saiga .223 for $599. I told them that it's too expensive and Gilbert's Gun Shop in Frankfort sells them for $279. which means I could buy two rifles for their price and have enough change left over for ammo or more magazines. Some dealers take advantage of the Saiga shortage but now they are becoming available. Gilbert had Saigas in stock but they were out of the S-12 I wanted when I went there a few weeks ago. He said they sold the S-12s out in one day.

Edited by uzitiger