Saiga handguard question

I own a 7.62 Saiga conversion which still has the orginal (long) non vented handguard. I wanted to know if Saiga's can accept the many different AK handguards I see for sale, or do I have to locate ones made for the saiga?

If I need certain ones could someone direct to places that sell them, Im interested in the something like the AK-103 front handguard.

I own a 7.62 Saiga conversion which still has the orginal (long) non vented handguard. I wanted to know if Saiga's can accept the many different AK handguards I see for sale, or do I have to locate ones made for the saiga?

If I need certain ones could someone direct to places that sell them, Im interested in the something like the AK-103 front handguard.

Contact forum member Dinzag. he makes the retainer your looking for.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=13403

Normal handguard will fit, but there is nothing on the barrel to keep them there.

Tapco (i think) sells a saiga specific galil style handguard

you can put a normal AK handguard on but it requires pressing off the FSB.

Dinzags retainer is an excellent no-gunsmithing retainer

I have the handguard scoutjoe is talking about. It has a nice feel and does not look like cheap plastic. It also counts as one compliance part if you are customizing your rifle.

You mean that the handguards count as compliance parts, not dinzags retainer...right?

• 1 month later...
I have the handguard scoutjoe is talking about. It has a nice feel and does not look like cheap plastic. It also counts as one compliance part if you are customizing your rifle.

Revelation that Hanguard looks pretty nice, Im liking it even more after seeing the AK Handguard 3 Piece Rail Set $14 which can be attached to it Tapco has. They already sell one done up like that but not a saiga version. So you would have to dril in the holes for it to mount the rails which doesn't seem to hard.

It could be a nice little tri rail for a very good price.

Revelation that Hanguard looks pretty nice, Im liking it even more after seeing the AK Handguard 3 Piece Rail Set $14 which can be attached to it Tapco has. They already sell one done up like that but not a saiga version. So you would have to dril in the holes for it to mount the rails which doesn't seem to hard.

It could be a nice little tri rail for a very good price.

I have the tapco handguard it fit's nice and tight. great unit and if you want to switch down the road you can reuse the clamp that comes with it

I have the tapco handguard it fit's nice and tight. great unit and if you want to switch down the road you can reuse the clamp that comes with it

Really? I didnt know that you could reuse the clamp. So pretty much you get the lower retainer like Dinzag sells when you purchase that handguard? I could use that clamp for any other after market AK handguard?

I assumed that thing was permanently attached to the handguard. Man if so that makes it a even sweeter package for the price.

After reading Revelation's comment on the Tapco handguard, I bought one.

He is right!

It is a solid piece of work.

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why the retainer wouldn't work with other handguards.

If you look under one of my posts, you can see the picture of my gun.

Got the Saiga handguard from Tapco in olive green, then got the stock and pg from Kavar in olive green also.

I think it turned out nice.

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why the retainer wouldn't work with other handguards.

If you look under one of my posts, you can see the picture of my gun.

Got the Saiga handguard from Tapco in olive green, then got the stock and pg from Kavar in olive green also.

I think it turned out nice.

So the retainer can be taken off from the HG? Its not permanently attached?

I checked out the pic it does like nice with the combo OD green/black I really like the added Olive PG didnt even know they had that style in OD green and it really works well.

Yes the tapco guard and the clamp that comes with it are seperate I called tony after buying the non saiga tapco handguard on accident if he could sell me just the clamp. He coulden't BUT he did give me the saiga one at a discounted price!! :dollar::dollar::smoke:

Edited by rflives
Thank you very much for that info rflives

Thats a great deal for that price

no problem another good thing is that replaces the swivel that you lose when you replace the original

Edited by rflives