Is this a good price for a S-223???

I found a saiga by accident yesterday looking at firearms around town. Its in a pawn shop for $309, he told me it was new. Its got the 16" barrel but i wanted a 20", is there realy that much of a difference in accuracy in those 4"? Now iv been looking for some time at these guns and it turns out that id be paying close to that with shipping and FFL transfer in the long run anyways. Help me out here...is there a place to find these for cheap?

Thats about what I paid for mine at a show.

I know they are available online for much cheaper, but with tax, shipping, FFL, etc. even a price of 260 could jump up to 300 fast.

It was worth it to me to pay 20$ extra to have it sooner rather than later, as well as not having to drive way outta the way to pick it up somewhere.

I found a saiga by accident yesterday looking at firearms around town. Its in a pawn shop for $309, he told me it was new. Its got the 16" barrel but i wanted a 20", is there realy that much of a difference in accuracy in those 4"? Now iv been looking for some time at these guns and it turns out that id be paying close to that with shipping and FFL transfer in the long run anyways. Help me out here...is there a place to find these for cheap?

16" .223 are running $239 shipped from Stanley's Pro shop. Even if you are being bent over a stump on a transfer fee you should be able to beat $309 plus your state tax... I just bought my 20" for $255 shipped, so again, even if you are being bent over a stump on the transfer fee you should be able to beat $309 plus state tax ans you would have the 20"er you really want.

Edited by Longhunter-CO

16" .223 are running $239 shipped from Stanley's Pro shop. Even if you are being bent over a stump on a transfer fee you should be able to beat $309 plus your state tax... I just bought my 20" for $255 shipped, so again, even if you are being bent over a stump on the transfer fee you should be able to beat $309 plus state tax ans you would have the 20"er you really want.

I bought the 20" from stanley's as well for $256 inc. shipping (no tax). what sucks though is waiting for it!!! but my ffl dealer charges $15 for transfers. so i just have to wait for paperwork to make its way. But to let everyone, stanley's has been very helpful with me, including calling me back asap about wanting to know if ffl had arrived yet so thy could ship me the rifle.

A+++ for stanley's

I bought the 20" from stanley's as well for $256 inc. shipping (no tax). what sucks though is waiting for it!!! but my ffl dealer charges $15 for transfers. so i just have to wait for paperwork to make its way. But to let everyone, stanley's has been very helpful with me, including calling me back asap about wanting to know if ffl had arrived yet so thy could ship me the rifle.

A+++ for stanley's

A+++ for stanley's too. Can not say enough good about his customer service.