AR 15 followers in AK mags????

What is the feasability of using AR 15 followers towards the 922r parts count? And, instead of having to epoxy the 5.45 follower or replace it with a $6.00 Robinson Arms follower, the AR 15 follower can be picked up for under $2.00 a piece.

Will they work reliably?

Just trying to save some money, stay legal, and have confidence that my toys will go "bang."

Edited by glockamolee

I belive the AR15 followers will work in galil mags. No word on weather they will work in AK74 magazines though, I imagine they would not, or at least not without a lot of work. 6$ is a bit too much to pay for a follower, unless you only have 1 magazine or a fixed mag or somthing. Here is the post that deals with this topic: AR15 followers in Galil Magazines

I belive the AR15 followers will work in galil mags. No word on weather they will work in AK74 magazines though, I imagine they would not, or at least not without a lot of work. 6$ is a bit too much to pay for a follower, unless you only have 1 magazine or a fixed mag or somthing. Here is the post that deals with this topic: AR15 followers in Galil Magazines

If you want a low-cost source for 'green' followers to experiment with, this is the best I've found:

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DHGFT

Based on what I've seen, I think the Magpul followers offer a better conversion option for the Galil Orlites. If I wasn't such a lazy-@ss-b@stard, I would have got it done by now, and be able to give you concrete results. Unfortunately, I've been too dang busy (sorry)...

;>)