under folder

has anyone tried an under folding stock on the saiga 12 yet? if so i would like to see some pics. thanks for your replies. p.s. picking up my second s12 this weekend. see what you guys got started. i never thought a shotgun could be this much fun. :dollar:

has anyone tried an under folding stock on the saiga 12 yet? if so i would like to see some pics. thanks for your replies. p.s. picking up my second s12 this weekend. see what you guys got started. i never thought a shotgun could be this much fun. :dollar:

That underfolder stock is sort of uncomfortable to start with -- not sure the recoil off an S12 would do anything but exacerbate that. If you decide to try it, I would recommend one of the AK grenade launcher recoil boots. They will fit over a standard stock or slide into the "U" of an underfolder stock.

Post some pics if you do it (of the gun and your bruised shoulder -- :devil: )

Reminds me of Tom Cole's Auto S12 with the wire folder. That thing left a nice little 12ga tattoo. Definitely get as much padding as you can.put the pad your talking about on a tantal stock. works fine.

It might be cool for looks, but I dont think you could get it to clear the s12 mag, so would probably require dropping the mag out every time you want to change positions. The second issue would be if the trunion would be the right width? My yugo folder just clears a 30 round mag. If I get a chance, I'll take some measurements and post, but in general, I don't think I've ever seen it done. That in itself might suggest something?

I put an underfolder on the wife's S-.410 . For the .410, and the x-39 and .223 they are awesome.(you do loose the scope mount though).

For the S-12 and the S-.308, I do not think the underfolder will be up to the recoil. Not a practical weapon, just a "lookie loo",