I just got my .308 a few weeks ago and have only about 100 rounds through it. But since I got it, it has jammed consistantly about every 2 or 3 rounds. Either the spent casing isn't cleared or the bolt doesn't get fully behind the fresh round and the round gets stuck under the bolt. Why does it keep doing this????? I'm shooting NATO surplus ammo. Please help.

There is a brush called something like"baxter proxabrush'. Look for these near toothbrushes in the drugstore. They are for cleaning between teeth,but the small cone shaped brush works great to get into gasports. Also make shure the claw on the bolt is clean-gunk under there will make your gun a jam-o-matic. Us the BIG can of brake cleaner!

G O B

• 4 weeks later...

This is my first time posting, I have a Saiga .308 and had the same problems, i sent it back to EAA corp. and they "replaced and fit a new bolt support". I was having the same problems as you, i would only be able to shoot 2 or 3 round consistantly before my saiga would jam or just not eject the shell. Before sending it back to EAA i actually gave it to Olympic Arms, only because they are local and the saiga is such a simple design, they had it for about 6 months, and still didnt fix it. Sending it back to EAA was a last resort, but it was returned two weeks later. I then went and fired it, and it jammed on the first shot, i came home and called them back to complain, they told me that they run four magazines through it before they send it back, they only use brand name ammunitions such as federal, etc. I took it shooting again and shot some federal through it and had no problems. I have tested other ammunition because i didnt want to buy 1000 rounds of .308, I tested south african, portugal, and Australian surplus ammo, Australian is the only one that cycled through without problems. Give it a shot, good luck! ~Seth