8 round mag conversion to 10 round

I know it's been posted but I can't find how to convert the factory 8 rounders to 10 rounders. Also, I read on another board that doing the conversion compromised reliability - anyone have that experience - pro or con? If I could get the 20 rounder I would but the powers that be have determined 10 rounds is all I can handle. Instead of getting pissed I'll just take it as a challenge - I'll just have to be more accurate with my measly 10 rounds.

Well, since 8 rounders are more expensive than the tens, I'll bet someone here would trade straight across.

edit to add: No frankenmag is totally reliable.

Edited by BobAsh
Well, since 8 rounders are more expensive than the tens, I'll bet someone here would trade straight across.

What? .308?

Maybe my post was not clear - I am asking about converting factory .308 mags from the standard 8 round capacity to 10 round capacity.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...hl=magazine+mod

that's the first one that dealt with this mod (that I could find) No reliability issues so far. If you use a mounted disk/belt sander, it will square off that follower really well and you can do it in seconds. If you're worried about taking too much, take a little bit at a time and trial fit. The best way to measure it is take the body, slide the follower in, put 10 rounds in it, and see how far the follower sticks past the TOP OF THE FLOORPLATE. This is your measurement, add a little bit for bolt clearance and you're good. If you fuck it up, it's a good excuse to buy some 20 rounders.

I will often hold detail work pieces (cabinet parts or other nonsense that has to be sharp cornered), against a block of wood, and sand them true in one direction, away from me. you can square up your work easily like that by taping a full piece of sand paper to a flat surface with duct tape. just make sure the surface is dead flat, and your block is trued to square on the two edges you are using (the downside of the block, and the edge you hold your work against)