Saiga .308 converted to take HK91 mags?

I was eyeing a nice .308 Saiga, $360 NIB at a local gunshop. Anyone know of any instance where its been modified to take HK91 magazines, or, could anyone here give me some input for doing the modifications? Those little plastic mags are a dealbreaker, I'd rather have steel regardless, but seeing as 20rd HK91 magazines can be bought for $2 a pop I'd rather use those. I don't, however, have HK91 money :donatello:

Any thoughts? Also, how does a Saiga in .308 compare to a CETME or HK91/G3? Are Saigas a lot more accurate than AKs?

Also, if I had to guess, I'd imagine I should try and buy a demilled G3 with the receiver cut but mag-well intact, and could maybe widen the mag well of the saiga, and TIG weld the G3 magwell from the demill receiver to the inside? Just my only guess as to how I'd go about doing it, thought I'd throw it in there as a possible option?

Also, if I had to guess, I'd imagine I should try and buy a demilled G3 with the receiver cut but mag-well intact, and could maybe widen the mag well of the saiga, and TIG weld the G3 magwell from the demill receiver to the inside? Just my only guess as to how I'd go about doing it, thought I'd throw it in there as a possible option?

G3 mags are just a little too big, plus the feed angle is not high enough. More people have gone the M14 magazine route with some success. FBMG makes 20 rounders that are quality. I have 3 and they are flawless.

G3 mags are just a little too big, plus the feed angle is not high enough. More people have gone the M14 magazine route with some success. FBMG makes 20 rounders that are quality. I have 3 and they are flawless.

Ok, thanks, I'll sign up for some FBMG magazines and save myself the trouble.

+1 on the FBMG mags. I've got 3 (or is it 4?), and they are the farkin' tits. Worth every penny.

My FBMG mags work perfectly as well. If those were not available, then maybe some type of mag conversion would be ok, but I thought about trying other mags, but came to the conclusion that it just isn't worth all the pissing around and fustration when quality mags are available. I think most have come to the same conclusion.

I developed a conversion to use G3 mags. It used an adaptor, but the adaptor alone doesn't allow use of G3 mags. It requires serious modification to the rifle and minor modification to the mags.

It's primary advantage was that it was developed during the now expired AWB, and the mag mods were minor enough to use existing hi-caps.

I developed a conversion to use G3 mags. It used an adaptor, but the adaptor alone doesn't allow use of G3 mags. It requires serious modification to the rifle and minor modification to the mags.

It's primary advantage was that it was developed during the now expired AWB, and the mag mods were minor enough to use existing hi-caps.

If the new AWB passes your adaptor could become a hot item! If that happens, and if you sold them, I'd get one, as I have MANY G3 mags and am still waiting for FBMG to resume production.