I read an article in Guns magazine (I think) that said they were really great (even though it jammed when shot from the vice) but I'm still not convinced. I've handled them at the gun shop and even had a customer say "they're as great as a Kimber" which I had to smile and respectfully disagree with. Yeah they've got alot of extras from the factory vs say a GI model, but the whole thing feels loose to me. The slide, the grip safety rattles, finish wasn't all that, and I don't remember being impressed by the trigger. I'd say its good for what it is, a 1911 created to be affordable that's setup and ready out of the box....and that's why it's selling so well.

I've shot my buddy's pt1911, I was pretty impressed. It's not as nice as my Tactical II, but it also cost about half as much. I wouldn't get one personally because they're ugly as shit (something about using the slide as an advertising billboard that disagrees with me), but for the money, I don't think there's a better deal out there. Trigger was good, slide seemed tight, and it was very accurate. My buddy and I both agreed that the kimber was a little better, but couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was that made it worth $400 more. Probably has to do with the name.......

I've shot my buddy's pt1911, I was pretty impressed. It's not as nice as my Tactical II, but it also cost about half as much. I wouldn't get one personally because they're ugly as shit (something about using the slide as an advertising billboard that disagrees with me), but for the money, I don't think there's a better deal out there. Trigger was good, slide seemed tight, and it was very accurate. My buddy and I both agreed that the kimber was a little better, but couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was that made it worth $400 more. Probably has to do with the name.......

I've decided against it. It did have to do with the huge gold lettering on the side, it was almost as bad as the Choate stock saying "ultimate sniper" on the side.