Knoxx compstock on a saiga?

I live in ct and as such our AWB still remains which means a siaga can not have a pistol grip attached.

I was wondering if any of you knew of a way to attach a knoxx compstock to it. The compstock comes in mossberg and 870 configurations but would need an adaptor of some king to combine the two. Any thoughts?

I also am looking to have mine made to a sbs with an 8" barrel. How well do you thing that combination would work. How would it look?

I figue the compstock would assist in recoil and bumping.

Looking for opinions.

I live in ct and as such our AWB still remains which means a siaga can not have a pistol grip attached.

I was wondering if any of you knew of a way to attach a knoxx compstock to it. The compstock comes in mossberg and 870 configurations but would need an adaptor of some king to combine the two. Any thoughts?

I also am looking to have mine made to a sbs with an 8" barrel. How well do you thing that combination would work. How would it look?

Looking for opinions.

would something like this suit your needs

post-5762-1177275387.jpg

i put one on mine

Possibly but the ATF ruling on thumbhole stocks causes me concern.

I think if possible to attach a mossberg or Remington stock to the saiga would make it a pleasure to shoot all day long.

i think it would require cutting off the tang and using a receiver block... in the same fashion as using an ace folder

i think this is what you are trying to accomplish... this is available at saiga-12.com

but if i suspect... you are trying to get around the folding issue.. as i was supposed to weld the folder on my ranch rifle in the ban here in oregon... but didn't and waited for the ban to expire

post-5762-1177277071_thumb.jpg

He is trying to find a nicer sporter stock than the one that his gun came with. The CT AWB reads exactly like the old federal ban minus the hicaps for riflles. For shotties its a 2 feature rule, so semi-auto + detachable mag = you can't put a pistol grip on an S-12.

What is the ATF ruling on thumbholes exactly? I missed the memo somehow and I can't seem to find it.

He is trying to find a nicer sporter stock than the one that his gun came with. The CT AWB reads exactly like the old federal ban minus the hicaps for riflles. For shotties its a 2 feature rule, so semi-auto + detachable mag = you can't put a pistol grip on an S-12.

What is the ATF ruling on thumbholes exactly? I missed the memo somehow and I can't seem to find it.

that sux... pm battlerifleg3... he does amazing work with wood stocks

if you can live with wood furniture

perhaps something along these lines?

post-5762-1177287438_thumb.jpg

OK, nevermind, found it. :bag: I'm a little embarassed that I never heard this, I was aware of the choate stock ruling but I thought that that was specific.

I've discussed this with dealers (I know they aren't the authority on law) and they are still under the impression that a thumbhole is not considered a pgrip in CT. What a mess laws are.

Anyone else from CT or elswhere have insight?

OK, nevermind, found it. :bag: I'm a little embarassed that I never heard this, I was aware of the choate stock ruling but I thought that that was specific.

I've discussed this with dealers (I know they aren't the authority on law) and they are still under the impression that a thumbhole is not considered a pgrip in CT. What a mess laws are.

Anyone else from CT or elswhere have insight?

now i'm confused... but you have my cuiosity peaked...

back up a bit and elaborate

wut did you uncover?

I did some googleing and a good bit of searching here, like an ass I didnt bookmark anything so I cant reffer to specific sources at the moment.

It's vague as usual, but way back during the federal ban days, (remember them? :D ) the ATF was pressured to rule on thumbholes by the brady bunch and others. It seems that they were bothered by people using them to get around the AWB. Well, the ATF said thumbhole = PG basically.

There was also something about guns being imported as sporting w/ thumbholes that they also ruled against them on.

I'm still a little unclear, but when unclear err on caution I guess. I'm guessing that this isnt disscussed much anymore because the AWB no longer exists for most of us.

If I got this all f***ed up, someone tell me.

In the meantime poor Macgyver here just wants his answer. While I'm sure he would be happy w/ a thumbhole, he was asking about something else.

Sorry I hijacked man. Sooo... can anyone help him?

no appologies... i almost put a thumbhole on a 10-22 i had during the ban

i think the best bet for him is battlerifleg3... i've seen some of his sporter non thumbhole stocks

he does amazing work

+1 to BRG3

ive never handled any of is wooden furniture, but the pics he posts of some of the work he has done are outstanding, and i never read anything negative about his craftsmanship. go for it!

The thumbholes were a funny item relating to the ban.

They did count as pistol grips, so they counted as your one restricted feature during the ban. So you couldn't put a bayonet lug or a flash hider on a MAK-90. But they counted as "sporting", so an otherwise importable rifle could have a thumbhole stock and not need US parts. Hence the single stack WASRs still coming in with thumbholes. Then when they hit our shores the tools come out and they're modified to the unimportable double-stack models with US replacement parts.

Far as my abilities go, it MAY be possible to mod a Knoxx stock to fit a Saiga-12. My only concern would be the risk of modifying and messing up something so high in value.

A less expensive option that I could quote with confidence would be a customized stock with a limbsaver recoil pad.

Looking for opinions.

perhaps these will help you

post-5762-1177424879.jpg

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...p;mode=threaded