I remember hearing someone here (Danzig or BattlerifleG3) saying they modified an AK Gas Tube to fit on their saiga, How would I go about doing it and what tools would I need?

Also, when i removed the gas tube and tried to put it back on i could not replace it without removing that little metal O ring... is that necessary to the rifle? My other AK doesn't have that metal clip, and the saiga's gas tube fits snugly even without that metal ring.

i bought a couple east german gas tubes. they fit good enough, but i will have to grind down some of the metal so the latch will close.

the ejection pattern changed once i put it on. instead of ejecting at 2:00 - 3:30, its about 1:00 now. i have previously noticed that my 308 saiga has a inconsistent ejection pattern. sometimes it throws them 8 feet out, other times they dribble out; sometimes its 2:00, other times its 3:30. the new gas tube is much more consistent.

• 2 weeks later...