Gun show scores - PA63 and CZ52

Overall, I was a little let down from the gun show -- Saiga's were almost non existent. I did talk with another customer who was asking a sealer about the saiga's (and the dealer had no idea). I pointed him to this site ;)

Anyway, I bought a PA63 and a CZ-52. The PA is new, paid 130$ w/ tax

The CZ is a trip. I paid 105$ w/ tax. It's got an almost olive drab finish, original packerized from what it looks like (w/ visible machining marks). Numbers match on the slide and frame. It's got the following markings:

CZ52 7.62 ToK Czech

C.A.I. Georgia VT.

(Crossed swords) 54 (does that mean 1954 production?)

It has the "Z" on the trigger guard. So, it appears to be an unmolested original, and does not appear to have seen much use (mechanical) but the grips look a little iffy. No rust or anything. Shot very well (went right from show to the range LOL).

Other than the 2 pistols, I bought a few new AK stocks -- 2 of them are the thick thumb-hole style stocks in perfect condition for 7$ each.

How did I do? I love the CZ...it's world class ugly ;)

Yes your CZ is 1954

make sure you don't dry fire it. That is the only problem, you can break the fireing pin. Don't trust the decocker either. Some have failed and fired

I don't know why people say it is ugly. I think they look good. There is a guy who sells grips any color at gunboards or guns net. Really improves the look

PA63. cool little gun get the spring kit from makarov.com. greatly reduces trigger pull.

Yes your CZ is 1954

make sure you don't dry fire it. That is the only problem, you can break the fireing pin. Don't trust the decocker either. Some have failed and fired

I don't know why people say it is ugly. I think they look good. There is a guy who sells grips any color at gunboards or guns net. Really improves the look

PA63. cool little gun get the spring kit from makarov.com. greatly reduces trigger pull.

Yep, 54 model that never went back for refinishing (no factory markings) but did have the updated decocker. I tested it (pencil test) and it seems to work fine, but I'd never trust it anyways. I have 1,224 rounds of 7.62x25 now ;)

I've just picked up a 53 model that looks brand new, and hope to buy one of the refinished ones from classic arms here soon.

I wish my C&R would hurry up :(

Yes your CZ is 1954

RE: CZ52

I got mine last year.....while not the most attractive gun out there, it is not ugly in my opinion. I was not a fan of the original grips....a bit too slippery for me. so i bought a second pair of grips off ebay for like $3+shipping.....cleaned them up and hit them with spray on bedliner, has a much better texture now, really grips well and the flat black looks better on the gun as well.

The crossed swords means it was a military issue. Sounds like the original finish possibly. The 54 is the year it was made, and the Z on the trigger guard means that the decocker was reworked. As those above have said, don't dry fire and don't trust the decocker, even though my reworked decocker seems to work fine also.

I wasn't lucky enough to get a $3 deal on my new grips. I paid about $40 for the Hogue exotic wood grips. Looks good, shoots flat out to 100 yards at least. That's the longest range I have access to...

WadesCollection6-11-06009.jpg

Edited by badman400
The crossed swords means it was a military issue. Sounds like the original finish possibly. The 54 is the year it was made, and the Z on the trigger guard means that the decocker was reworked. As those above have said, don't dry fire and don't trust the decocker, even though my reworked decocker seems to work fine also.

I wasn't lucky enough to get a $3 deal on my new grips. I paid about $40 for the Hogue exotic wood grips. Looks good, shoots flat out to 100 yards at least. That's the longest range I have access to...

WadesCollection6-11-06009.jpg

Nice! :)

I got new grips for 9$ (oem), but would like to find a nice wood set also. I really dig this weapon... it's very unique, had an interesting recoil and is just fun to shoot.

Good lookin' gun badman, and congrats Max, sounds like a good time.

I just scored a CZ52 over the weekend at the local gunshow. I've been looking for a while, but couldn't find any locally, but I knew there'd be a few at the show.

Check out Makarov.com for grips and all kinds of other goodies. I'm already looking at an upgraded firing pin and rollers, as well as some grips, but we;ll see what the future brings.

And also, thanks for the help with the markings, now I know what I have.