hummmmmmmmmmm really nice, like the butt stock, like the gun all of it. by the

way you know that with the adapter for the ar butt stock, if you decide the day of

tomorw to change butt stock, you can get diferent butt stocks from ace that will

fit the ar adapter to ak that yuo have, that little adapter is a A+.

does my stock telescope here? in NEW YORK? you are mad asking me that KySoldier LOL! it did for about ten minutes when I first put it on so I could get a measurement and put it in the shortest legal position and drill/tap it. now I have to find me a black chrome bolt, cause the screw I have in it now looks stupid. I think that CAR15 stock produces more felt recoil somehow. the gun is heavier though, with the new parts, so I know that its not because it lost some weight. have to get one of those gay looking butt pads for it. prolly will put a cheekrest on it too now that Ive shot a few hundred rounds with the new setup, and am seeing what I dont like about snap firing it. (when i say snap fire, i mean standing with the rifle at my side or in both hands at the hip and shouldering it el rapido) the way it is now, im shouldering it past the sight plane because of the lower top of the stock. maybe Ill get used to it as is. plus it should hide the gay bolt as well.

and the two laser thing im going to do to it, no, I dont have them laying around, but I am going to send for them. I might line them up to cross at 50 yards and try that as well as what I was saying about making them parrallel to the barrel (not perpendicular like i said up above). If i can get the dual laser thing close enough together, I should have a great sight combined with the reddot. put the three dots equally in line, and pow! lasers arent for long range shooting anyways, right? I have to see if its practical when I get them I guess, and if its not, Ill stick to one and use the other laser on another gun.

I cant decide if i want to put the bipod back on it. probably wont. And Im not sure if i put the lasers on it if im going to put a vertical handgrip on the bottom rail (leaning tword this option now) or if I want a tactical light on there. I guess I could do both.

any ideas guys? One thing im tossing around is putting a regular AR stock like what on my armalite that I have now.......

Edited by Bvamp

by the way, as I mentioned all the parts came from blackjack....the pistol grip is the ergonomic grip, and I tell ya, my bigger hand feels good on it. the old stick grip that it came with was made for someone 5 feet tall or something. Also, the Ultimak rail is on there, and is one of the highest quality parts Ive ever seen for an AK type. The lower front stock is a trirail also from blackjack, and it feels good and bulky in the left hand. the car15 stock is good quality, and the stock adapter was easy to fit, adjust, and install. small adjustments had to be made to the trirail grip to allow the clamps on the Ultimak rail to fit which was done with a dremel. Great parts, even better in combination I think.

well, it fits perfectly on my SAR1. you would need the two piece front grip of course. I would imagine with a regular saiga it would fit, but you would need to make some changes to your front stock. Also, this part is made a little bit short, and is supposed to be centered (says the maker) between the gas port and rear block. what makes it work so good is that it is clamped quite well to the barrel. And yeh, it is much faster for picking up a target with a red dot if the sight is placed more twords the muzzle end of the gun. The best part is you can still see your iron sights through the optic. it is designed for exactly that.

• 3 weeks later...

yeh i love that ultimak gas tube. if i do ever sell the gun, its not going with it either. I did have to crank my sights up a little bit higher, as I had it set to "pointblank". I cranked the front post out some, and upped the rear sight, and I now have a sweet sight/target picture with the red dot.

Integratedj : what are the last 4 digits of your serial # and do you have any or did ya HAVE any trigger slap on yours? mine is 2000 and didnt start with any, developed into a lot of it and just went away on its own. i was about 50 rounds from ripping the trigger group out and rebuilding it when it started to subside.

its weird, i tell ya. I see the guys with saigas that get it tend to have broken parts later on, but mine is holding its own. I dont get it. I probably should just redo the trigger group and not worry about it huh.

I'd say just do it, after the ultimak, it was the best mod I have dome so far, and then the bolt hold open safety from black jack that I further modified to be able to release and chamber a waiting round while the rifle is shouldered, just for fun. (only works with FMJ and HP, not softpoints, not enough momentum for the SP).

RSA has a bad ass warranty, I believe lifetime, so if you ever have a prob they will stp up and help you out.

cool.....what are you doing for a finish? camo or something? I really didnt want to put any more money into my 350 dollar gun, but I just had to redo it, cause the stock was so short, and that wood that was on it just looked like some kid dunked it in poly. now for some lasers.......ill get that predator-style sight on there if it kills me.....then Im going to just buy more guns instead of parts for a while I think. Id rather have another jane-plain gun instead of redoing any others I have for the price this upgrade cost me...gotta LOVE that ultimak rail though.

I'm gonns hsve Derek over at AZEX arms in Gilbert, Az do his Parkote on it. I have also changed the buttstock since that photo to one of the KVAR "nato" length black ones, I got ape arms so it helped me shoot more comfortably.In that pic it is one of the MSG/POS stocks that is basically a block of wood with a synthetic chunk of crap attached to it and then sprayed with truckbed liner. Nothing compared to what their advertising showed in a pic.

I also had derek thread the barrel for me, and then had another guy recrown it. It shoots alot tighter after the recrowning job.

I would love to have the predator style laser setup, but I think it may be a little to bulky.

yeh, it will be a little bit bulky, but im not planning on charging through brush with it anytime soon. and if it just isnt doable, ill move the extra pointing devices onto other guns.