Converted 20ga.

DSC00348.jpg

Still have to plug the holes for the cross pins. But other wise done. I made the stock set out of walnut. This wood was supposed to be shipped to Browning, but the guy I got it from said one end had a very small crack in it and they would have rejected his whole shipment if they found it. I got it for FREE. Still have enough to do one more. :super:

You beat me by about 4 days. Mine is getting done on saturday. Were there any curveballs that you ran into? I notice that the trigger guard extends all the way to the mag catch like on a rifle, not short like on the 12ga's. The stock looks great too. I build furniture (The kind in your house) but cannot carve very well. What finish did you use on the stock?

Edited by GoAF

The trigger gaurd is the stock one that came with the gun. I drilled a hole under the mag catch and attached it that way. Opened up the hole for the pistol grip a little for the bolt to pass threw. Thats about it as how hard it is. Used a trigger group from Tapco that I got for another gun about a year ago. It has a very nice 3lb pull.

The finish is Tru-oil. The recoil pad is off of a old Rem 870 I had. The grip is a copy of a Galil.

I've got my parts from BlackJack as well, quick shipping compared to DPMS and Tapco, who I also ordered from. Last time I ordered from K-Var, they charged huge shipping and it took forever!

BTW, DPMS has FREE SHIPPING, although they don't have much of the accessories BlackJack offers.