any Accuracy difference between 16" and 20" barrels?

Is there an accuracy difference between 16" and 20" barrels? Or is it no different than the usual varriation from gun to gun? I have a slight preference for 20" barrels, but I'm considering both. I love my 20" .223, but 7.62x39mm is less depedant on velocity for terminal performance. let me hear your thoughts.

Techically, yes. But I don't know from my personal experience. I would think the 20" barrel would be better at long range from 300 meters and out. I like the 20" myself because it has less muzzle rise than the 16", especially in 7.62x39.

Edited by devildog1122

I would really like opinions on this too. Granted the saiga is not the perfect long range weapon but just want to know what is the best someone has gotten out of the 16 or 20 inch. For close up I got me trusted S12. can't get any better than that.

i'm no sniper, but with a 16" a few years back i used to put it on a bipod and hit 1-2" groups at 50 yards....thats with the whole 30rd clip, not three rounds...and a 4x scope on a izhmazh mount. at a 150yds if u aim a little above, u can consistantly hit those orange shotgun clays when u prop them up in dirt. so about 4-8" groups can be expected at that range, after that....the drop is pretty bad. and 4-8" groups at 150 yards aint TOO bad....but it aint no .308 saiga. and thats on a perfect day mind u. the 20" barrel...well, i've yet to hear an actual report from someone who owns BOTH and sadbagged both on one day using the same scope setup. we do hear of the barrel flex issue with these though....so who knows.