Conversion Battle - Day 3

OK,

So I've got my gun all taken apart.

I refit the trigger guard and got it installed. Getting a screw/nut tightened inside the magazine release was a royal pain in the ass, but I finally managed.

I realized it would be alot easier if I could tighten the nut onto the screw without the guard in the way, so I slotted the front of the guard, mostly tightened the screw, slipped the guard in, and finished tightening. It should do the job since it's bolted in the rear as well, and there is alot of tension pushing it against the bolt in front and the mag release.

Now I'm kinda stuck since I ordered my grip nut and screw from KVAR, and they are taking their sweet ass russian time about shipping it, so I figured I'd ask some questions about the Tapco G2 trigger group install.

It seems like just by dropping it in, the trigger will not work. I got a double hook, but by the looks of it even a single hook requires some modification to the trigger/receiver to allow for trigger pull.

Does anyone have any tips or pictures they can share before I bust out my dremel and saw my receiver in half trying to get the trigger to fit? : )

Hello, Doug

Never converted a .223, but on my .308 and S-12, there was already a groove in the bottom of the receiver for a single hook setup. I've never installed a double hook FCG, either, but if you have that single hook cut next to your "new" trigger mounting hole, just duplicate that on the opposite side, I would guess.

Others with more experienxe/wisdom may have a better explanation....

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Hello, Doug

Never converted a .223, but on my .308 and S-12, there was already a groove in the bottom of the receiver for a single hook setup. I've never installed a double hook FCG, either, but if you have that single hook cut next to your "new" trigger mounting hole, just duplicate that on the opposite side, I would guess.

Others with more experienxe/wisdom may have a better explanation....

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Guido is right. Just duplicate the groove on the other side. A Dremel works well here.

Like what Guido said,

I had the use of a milling machine and a 1/8" end mill bit. So duplicate the notch on the other

side of the trigger slot. After you do the other notch, you'll be looking at two notches

with a tab in the middle. On mine I had to take a small flat file and bring the tab back just

a hair so the G2 trigger wouldn't hang. KEY WORDS: JUST A HAIR!!!!!! I'd file a little bit and stick the

trigger in to check for fit until it was done.

OK,

So I've got my gun all taken apart.

I refit the trigger guard and got it installed. Getting a screw/nut tightened inside the magazine release was a royal pain in the ass, but I finally managed...

FWIW, here are the details on my experience -and some of it looks applicable:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...&hl=economy

;>)