CZ52 owners-AIM has 9mm barrels

Aim has 9mm luger barrels for your cz52 $50 +$5 mail shipping. I know the 7.62x25 is a great round, but this gives you anouther option. I thought I'd pass on the info as makarov.com has been out of them for a while and Aimsurplus.com has them now.

Aim has 9mm luger barrels for your cz52 $50 +$5 mail shipping. I know the 7.62x25 is a great round, but this gives you anouther option. I thought I'd pass on the info as makarov.com has been out of them for a while and Aimsurplus.com has them now.

Thanks for the heads up....Ill have one of those!

• 1 month later...

Good luck trying to get any short 9mm cartridge to work properly in the CZ52 clip --- Unless the barrel comes with a clip specifically designed to use this ammo it will turn your gun into a two shot -- one in the pipe and one in the clip.

If you can find a barrel chambered for the 9x21 and handload so that the cartride over all length is at a length that the CZ52 clip likes that works well. Those extra milimeters of length in the case lets you stick the nose of the bullet out further to keep things running smoothly instead of rattling around during recoil and jambing up the ammo feed so that the slide slams closed on an empty chamber.

Edited by turbo1889
Good luck trying to get any short 9mm cartridge to work properly in the CZ52 clip --- Unless the barrel comes with a clip specifically designed to use this ammo it will turn your gun into a two shot -- one in the pipe and one in the clip.

If you can find a barrel chambered for the 9x21 and handload so that the cartride over all length is at a length that the CZ52 clip likes that works well. Those extra milimeters of length in the case lets you stick the nose of the bullet out further to keep things running smoothly instead of rattling around during recoil and jambing up the ammo feed so that the slide slams closed on an empty chamber.

Mine shoots ball 9mm fine from the mag.....hollow points are a no go.

Mine shoots ball 9mm fine from the mag.....

Well then I recommend you say a little prayer of thanks right now to the Almighty. Mine jambed up the feeding inside the clip with every ammo I tried in 9x19 Par. with both the original clip and an aftermarket extra I bought. Had a gun-smith ream out the 9x19 chamber to a 9x21 and then hand loaded them so the bullets nose stuck out further and it worked just fine including hollow points provided I get the COL just right. I've also heard rumors that there are barrels out there chambered for the 9x23 Win. Mag. but you have to load them down a little or you will wear out your CZ52 in pretty short order.

• 3 weeks later...