If your talking about a Romanian Wasr3 they are good value for the price if you get a good one.Look for too large of a magwell opening and canted sites.They were originaly limited to 10rd mags but were converted to accept the larger cap mags.Its a basic no frills AK.A bit better is a Romy Sar3 if you can find one for under $400,they werent converted and came out before the Wasr's flooded the market.Of coarse a do it yourself converted Saiga .223 would be better :D

Edited by Pointer

Thanks for the info, Pointer. I havent been able to find much info on this gun. The concensus is that it needs the Weiger mags. Also the headspace may be too tight which can be fixed by lapping the lugs. Some of the hammers didnt hit the bolt right and need to be replaced. I have 3 Saigas now but no 223. It seems like a lot of work to convert and then have to modify the mags too. But I guess thats what Ill do.

Edited by ironhead7544

I have a WASR 3 it is a piece of crap or it was, the damn thing jammed all the time, forget about bump firing it. So times the bolt would not strip off the next round some time it would jam, in a word it sucked then the freaking thing started firing more than one at a time. So I spent hours working on it now it half way works, the barrel and reciever are much thinner than a Saiga. I also have a Saiga .223 and it's a great gun.

To be honest, from every Century I've ever seen or shot (any make) and read about many over on the Fal Files over the years I've never heard anything good about them. I've had 2 century rifles myself, an FAL clone and a G3 clone, the FAL couldn't hit the broadside of the barn from inside the barn and the G3 took many hours of working on it till it would feed reliably and the trunnion welds on it look like they were done by an inebriated 3rd grader.

In fact the builders of Century guns are frequently referred to as angry beavers. I'd stay away from anything Century makes as a rule. SO as not to get flamed here, I have read about a few good Century rifles.

So I'd say they are not very good.

Gilgamesh

the only semi century that i've shot was an x39 and it was inaccurate as hell.

now, the pumps on the other hand are excellent! real tack drivers! i have one in 223 and waiting the arrival of one in x39.

only thing with the 223's is you have to use weiger mags and they are drying up b/c idiots are buying them up and converting them to work in saigas and charging $50 a mag! i paid only $25 a piece for mine and they work flawlessly. most problems with the rifles can be fixed with minor effort.

like i said, my 223 is a freakin tack driver, but i think it being pump action has alot to do with it.

no matter, it would be a real good investment b/c the prices on all ak's are going up. and thats only about $50 more than a stock unconverted saiga would cost so i would go ahead and get it.

223 is domestically available and is fairly cheap compared to domstic x39 so ammo would be more plentiful.

keep in mind AIM has the 5.45 wasr rifles for only $289. and right now 5.45 ammo is cheaper than anything else! better stock up now before the price goes up!

good luck!