this one falls back on my virgina shot gun law topic in the saiga 12 catigory, i would realy like to have a folding butt stock but it seems i would be walking a very thin line in a very gray area if i did. so my question is how easy/compatible are the folding buttstock and the socom style colapsable buttstock, like on the M4. ive seen a few pictures of saigas with the collapsable stock, and was wondering if any one might know how easy or if possible one could swap from one configuration/stock to the other??

The answer is....it depends.

Have you converted your Saiga (i.e.,oved the fire control group)? Are you planning to?

If you haven't modified your Saiga, then about your only option is to use something like this. It's the ACE pistol grip/receiver block. That component is sold separately -- you don't have to get it with the folding stock. Then you can add a CAR adapter (a.k.a. pig nose) and install any standard M4-style stock.

To install a collapsible buttstock in modified Saiga, you're going to need to install a receiver block. There are two types - the internal type requires you to modify the receiver and cut off the upper tang. There's also a "no mod" receiver - although that doesn't sit flush and it looks a little goofy. Either way, you need to install the block and the pig nose, then your choice of stocks.

Jim

so from the picture it looks like just two screws after the pig thing, so all i would have to do is take the screws out, and put a diffrent m4 stock on there, whether its folding or fixed????????
... so long as it's an Ace manufactured M4 style stock.
so long as it's an Ace manufactured M4 style stock.

It doesn't have to be an ACE stock -- any M4 style stock works. I have a Command Arms Accessories stock installed on my Saiga using the ACE CAR adapter. It has standard threads to accept any AR stock. There's a very small set screw that sits in the channel in the buttstock tube to lock it into place once you have it screwed in.

so from the picture it looks like just two screws after the pig thing, so all i would have to do is take the screws out, and put a diffrent m4 stock on there, whether its folding or fixed????????

The pistol grip/receiver block as two holes where the CAR adapter would screw in. If you want a side folder, then you need to get an ACE folding stock mechanism. It would screw onto the receiver block, then the pig nose would screw onto the FSM and the stock goes into the adapter. That's the set up I have on my Saiga.

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy