saiga 12 conversion trigger problem

Dupli-Color low gloss black engine paint DE1634 ceramic is an almost perfect match. Heat & oil resistant and it needs no primer. Available at Advance Auto, its tough and very good stuff. :super:

As for the trigger, you got me, it does not look right. I would try the Tapco G2, but that trigger may also need a little dremmel work. I just converted my S-12 and I had to trim the hump off the bottom of the hammer and reshape the angles of the hammer face so the bolt would slide better. Finally I had to trim a tad off the right side where the pin goes through so I could install the bolt hold open device. It appears to run very smoothly now but the true test will be tomorrow at the range. ;)

good luck!

Dupli-Color low gloss black engine paint DE1634 ceramic is an almost perfect match. Heat & oil resistant and it needs no primer. Available at Advance Auto, its tough and very good stuff. :super:

As for the trigger, you got me, it does not look right. I would try the Tapco G2, but that trigger may also need a little dremmel work. I just converted my S-12 and I had to trim the hump off the bottom of the hammer and reshape the angles of the hammer face so the bolt would slide better. Finally I had to trim a tad off the right side where the pin goes through so I could install the bolt hold open device. It appears to run very smoothly now but the true test will be tomorrow at the range. ;)

good luck!

I'll give the dupli-color a shot. I too had to reshape the hammer, but the trigger seemed ok until now. i'm afraid that if I trim the trigger, it might have trouble catching the hammer. Thanks for the input.

OK I see it now, That is the back of the bolt carrier with the hook sticking up behind it. That is the same problem I delt with which is no problem.

Yeah in the picture the trigger is sticking straight up and I'm pulling back on the handle. I plan on getting the shorter barreled saiga 308 and 12 (I currently have the long barreled versions) and doing a conversion on those. I think I'll take out the FSE trigger and drop it in the 308. Then I'll get two Tapco triggers to put in the S12s. That way, I can save a little work-unless the tapco triggers have the same issue. Then I guess I'll have to grind them down. I just thought it was kind of weird that the trigger worked perfectly in the 308, but not in the 12. Thanks madmilo.

I just got a trigger group made by Arsenal Inc from K Var. It has a big point on the trigger hook just like that. The Tapco G-2, when held beside it is much shorter and will not give you any problems. The hammer is the only thing you will need to work on.

I just got a trigger group made by Arsenal Inc from K Var. It has a big point on the trigger hook just like that. The Tapco G-2, when held beside it is much shorter and will not give you any problems. The hammer is the only thing you will need to work on.

Cool-just what I needed to know. To me, the FSE hammer was obviously different than the original, but it didn't occur to me to compare the height of the two triggers. Just out of curiosity, are certain FCGs considered better or more desireable than others or is it just personal taste? Thanks.

Edited by snuffy

Some people feel like the RSA is a better trigger because it's adjustable and a lot more expensive but I think it's over rated and have no complaints at all about the Tapco G-2s in most of my conversions. I also have an FSE in one and it's also nice. Can't really tell any difference in the way it feels from the G-2 though. The triggers themselves all have slightly different shape and feel but that's about it IMO. I like the G-2. It's the best for the money and I have mine polished to perfection with a crisp true two stage release. I can bring it right to the edge of breaking and remove my finger and it stays right there. I like that for slug shooting. It's also only about 2.5 to 3 lbs pull weight.

Some people feel like the RSA is a better trigger because it's adjustable and a lot more expensive but I think it's over rated and have no complaints at all about the Tapco G-2s in most of my conversions. I also have an FSE in one and it's also nice. Can't really tell any difference in the way it feels from the G-2 though. The triggers themselves all have slightly different shape and feel but that's about it IMO. I like the G-2. It's the best for the money and I have mine polished to perfection with a crisp true two stage release. I can bring it right to the edge of breaking and remove my finger and it stays right there. I like that for slug shooting. It's also only about 2.5 to 3 lbs pull weight.

I read a lot about people "polishing" their triggers to improve them, but I'm not sure how to do it. Is it accomplished with sandpaper or an actual buffing wheel? How would I know where to polish and to what extent? Sorry for the noobish question.