Last weekend at the range, this guy has a Poly Tech Chinese Match Barrel Ak-47. He offer to let me shoot it, and it was amazing accurate. The barrel was way thicker than traditional AK-47 barrel. With all kinds of thoughts running through my head and I thought to myself, what if the Saiga .308 barrel were bore to .223 and 762 and put it in .223 and 762 receiver?

I would think is an easy process if the manufacturer really want to do it because all the parts they have already. I wonder if we can submit this request to the importer and see what they have to say. If this is available, can you imagine how accurate the .223 and 762 will shoot?

Why not get a US made "bull" barrel, of course none of the press on parts would be able to press on... you could get a barrel pressed and head spaced into the Saiga trunion...

Just takes $$$ and a gunsmith to get it done.

Stay tuned, my friends.....you're going to see a bull barrel consistent sub-moa Saiga from Tromix in the very near future. I am working on a 1/2 MOA AK with a milled receiver as well.

Tony,

In what caliber(s) will they be?

TonyRumore, I can't wait to see it

MD_Willington, I just want to see if the manufacturer can do it and how it is going to cost compare to the way you suggested.

With enough Vodka and Rubles you could probably convince them to build you one...

The real problem is, "if it ain't broke... don't fix it"... They may be reluctant to "Special Spec" you an AKM like that since they are busy churning out "Proletariat-Plinkers" for some global players with deep pockets.

Tony, sounds like something really cool is in the works!