i was wandering if the new saiga stock is 922r compliant, would it be compliant to replace my old stock with it or would that be breaking the rules?

http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga_option.htm

does anyone know where to purchases these?

http://209.62.62.111/index.php?request=mai...;categoryid=439

According to others on the forum this stock is not compliant; but I live in an area where I see a law enforcement official once every other year.

but I live in an area where I see a law enforcement official once every other year.

Layle, brotha,

As stupid as 922r is, no one here condones breaking it. We are the legal gun owners in the country who comply with the rules, and frown on those who do not. These are the people who make it easier for the gun-grabbers to take our toys.

That being said, I would hate for LE or ATF to be trolling this forum and read that, and classify this group of owners as law-breakers. I'm not flaming ya', just trying to warn you tactfully before one of our less-than-tactful members jumps in your ass.

Edited by shaneman153a
but I live in an area where I see a law enforcement official once every other year.

Layle, brotha,

As stupid as 922r is, no one here condones breaking it. We are the legal gun owners in the country who comply with the rules, and frown on those who do not. These are the people who make it easier for the gun-grabbers to take our toys.

That being said, I would hate for LE or ATF to be trolling this forum and read that, and classify this group of owners as law-breakers. I'm not flaming ya', just trying to warn you tactfully before one of our less-than-tactful members jumps in your ass.

Understandable. Would not want to contribute to the stereotypical perception people hold in terms of gun owners and their view of law enforcement.

ed-zachary

The easiest way to add mods to your saiga and be safe is to just do a conversion. You have to buy a trigger group (3 parts), pistol grip (4), and a buttstock (that makes 5) If you do a hg conversion up front that gives ya 2 or 3 more parts, or you could change something else. BRG3 makes some awesome us made custom furniture, that's a good way to do it. The conversion just opens you up to so many mods it's rediculous. Plus, it looks cooler and more authentic. The great think about these weapons is their low initial cost. They're a sweet shooter out of the box, but the sky is the limit.

That stock on a sporter Saiga rifle is completely legal (and importable). You can buy one in that configuration if you want just like this. (Note that this is the original Saiga, not the new Mod 2 that's coming out this summer.)

The skeletonized stock is not considered a "pistol grip" - even though it looks like it to the average person. So you can install one and not invoke 922R rules. The Kalifornia restrictions are a local thing.

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy
That stock on a sporter Saiga rifle is completely legal (and importable). You can buy one in that configuration if you want just like this. (Note that this is the original Saiga, not the new Mod 2 that's coming out this summer.)

The skeletonized stock is not considered a "pistol grip" - even though it looks like it to the average person. So you can install one and not invoke 922R rules. The Kalifornia restrictions are a local thing.

Jim

oops, sorry, forgot to mention that too. If they import it in that config, it's a - ok

I don't think there will be any problem with that stock, but tread lightly.

That stock IS a pistol grip by almost all objective definitions in the laws. But it is allowed because it is a "sporting" pistol grip, the same way HK-91 clones came in with PSG-1 style grips for a time after regular P-grips were not allowed.

But it would take nothing at all for someone to call that "non-sporting". Even if it's complete nonsense.

So I would consider that stock safe to use in unmodified form. But I won't make a stock like it and tell everyone it's ok.

That stock IS a pistol grip by almost all objective definitions in the laws. But it is allowed because it is a "sporting" pistol grip, the same way HK-91 clones came in with PSG-1 style grips for a time after regular P-grips were not allowed.

But it would take nothing at all for someone to call that "non-sporting". Even if it's complete nonsense.

So I would consider that stock safe to use in unmodified form. But I won't make a stock like it and tell everyone it's ok.

Damnit I feel like a moron; the stock does not have any screw holes in it yet snuggly fits in place... It does wobble slightly and I cannot remove it despite attempting to pry it off.... Should I make drill holes and pray that I hit the holes where the screws rest in the gun.. or should I just put some JB weld in there and cross my fingers? I like the stock and have no intention of replacing it.

Damnit I feel like a moron; the stock does not have any screw holes in it yet snuggly fits in place... It does wobble slightly and I cannot remove it despite attempting to pry it off.... Should I make drill holes and pray that I hit the holes where the screws rest in the gun.. or should I just put some JB weld in there and cross my fingers? I like the stock and have no intention of replacing it.

Slide the new stock all the way onto the rifle.Then,get a drill bit slightly smaller that the existing screws.Then, drill the holes into the new stock, while it is installed on the rifle.Then,insert the existing screws into the newly drilled holes and tighten them snugly with a screwdriver.

Slide the new stock all the way onto the rifle.Then,get a drill bit slightly smaller that the existing screws.Then, drill the holes into the new stock, while it is installed on the rifle.Then,insert the existing screws into the newly drilled holes and tighten them snugly with a screwdriver.

K, good suggestions from both of you. I will have access to a machine press tomorrow so the holes won't be a problem; I was just scared that I would damage the stock if I drilled too many spots.