Difference between single or double trigger

What is the difference, im buying stuff for the conversion and wanted know know what to buy

Your saiga is set up for single hook, if you want a true drop in go that route. I went with the double hook and had to cut another "relief" in my reciever for the second hook to come through

i've been told that the original idea with the double trigger is two hooks, so in the odd chance if one of your hooks breaks...your still rockin n rollin. Another idea was that it has two contact points instead of one and has a slightly better pull (ie less weight)

I went with the double...because i could, if you have a cut off wheel for the dremel it is a simple cut

Single is fine, I have use single hooks, if you can work your trigger, you can make it be

from 4 pounds to one pound, not recommended, to drop the trigger to one pound

but you can do anything, a lot of crap about the double hook been better than single

hook, must just baloney.

Like the FSE over other FCG, I like my trigger round, the tapco is kind of flat

don't like it to much, one thing you pay for what you get the rest is bullshit.

I pick the saigas because is a excellent platform to do a lot of stuff, is really

easy to press stuff off and on plus everything is new on the gun, receiver

barrel etc.

My 2 cents of nothing.

It actually simpler than the discussion at present. The original russian trigger in the AK was a double hook and during the course of use the Russians deemed un-nessecary even in full rapid fire mode. So the russian designers switched to the single hook. I have them in both in several of my different rifles and either way it doesn't really make a difference. Simply the change from double to single was, for the lack of a better discription, a design update and production modification. As said here before, it is simply a personal choice.

You don't have to cut your receiver. You can relieve the bottom of the trigger hook (that has no receiver slot) just enough so it releases the hammer. This will also limit overtravel, if you don't take too much off.