new .223 keeps tearing brass in half

I'm new to posting anything but here goes. I have owned my .223 for less than a week and both times I have taken it to the range it has torn the brass in half, leaving half in the chamber and ejecting the other half. The first time it happend with the 10 rnd mag and today with the 30 rnd surefire mag. Both times it was with black Hills blue box reloads. Is this because of the reloads or is something wrong with this rifle? I have some wolf on the way and I'm going to try it saturday. If it rips the wolf in half should I contact RAA or the gun shop I bought the rifle from? Any input will be greatly appretiated.

I'm new to posting anything but here goes. I have owned my .223 for less than a week and both times I have taken it to the range it has torn the brass in half, leaving half in the chamber and ejecting the other half. The first time it happend with the 10 rnd mag and today with the 30 rnd surefire mag. Both times it was with black Hills blue box reloads. Is this because of the reloads or is something wrong with this rifle? I have some wolf on the way and I'm going to try it saturday. If it rips the wolf in half should I contact RAA or the gun shop I bought the rifle from? Any input will be greatly appretiated.

With any firearm, the ammunition is half of of your solution (or half of your problem). Please do not contact a firearms manufacturer if you have problems with only one type of ammunition. Frankly, I would not e-mail Ford if my F-250 (and I do love it ;>) ran like crap on Conoco fuel - and ran fine on Exxon or Shell. Please try the other options that are out there. Try some other factory loads - if it still won't function (with multiple factory loads), then you are 'good to go' in terms of asking for remedial action from the manufacturer...

Just my opinion...

;>)

Before you go into going crazy and fubar anything, try some steel case ammo

if everything ok, get some new brass ammo, no reloads and try it.

.223 I had digested anything but never used reloads on it, and yes if lacquer on chamber

the brass can be sticking to it.

Black Hills Blue Box reloads are normally better quality then most first line ammo.

It also made from once fired NATO 5.56x45mm brass, rather than .223 Rem brasss. The dementions are a little different. If the chamber of the Saiga is a .223 Rem,(I don't know which it is cut for), it will tend to fit a little tighter in the shoulder area. Normally I wouldn't expect this alone to consistantly cause cartriage separation.

Thanks to everyone for your reply. I cleaned my rifle again and put 150 rnds of wolf through it this morning and not one hiccup. Other than the worst trigger ever of any rifle ever made I love this thing. My posp 8x42 will be in nodak bye wednesday, yeeahh!!