saiga bullet guid

Iam looking for abullet guid that I can just go and buy with out ordering one online if you guys now of any stores in utah

that sells them pleas let me know also could I use jbweld instead of a scew to put the guid on if you guys no any help would be greatley apreasheated love the site by the way

Edited by short-security
Don't think you are going to find one for sale locally, but you can make your own. See http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/step_8.htm

IS IT DIFFICULT TO MAKE A BULLET GUID ALL IHAVE IS A DREMEL

that looks so simple it's brilliant

and you could get a bench top drill press for $50-ish at harbor freight

and a drill bit set for $10

black iron is easy to work with... keep it oiled... it rusts easy

i work with black iron offten

Damn a bullet guide for a 76.62x39 is the easies thing to do, if your rifle has a uncut trunnion

go to hone depot, get a black iron or galvanize nipple about 8 inches long, get a tape measure,

measure about half inch on the nipple, make about 2 or 3 1/2 inch marks on the nipple ask the people

at home depot that cut the pipe in 1/2 inch rings ( they have a rigid treat machine to cut

black iron pipe in all home depot, the guy may look at you like you nuts, but he will cut the stuff for you

after you got the rings ( rings 1/2 long) get a cutting wheel for your dremel ( reinforce wheel )

cut the guide out of the ring, you just fit on the front trunnion and cut the piece you need

for a guide, after that you install your guide.

If cut trunnion, get some metal stock, they usually have about welding iron stock

3 feet by 1/2 by 1/8 inch or something similar, you can fill the cut plus make another

piece to work as a guide on the front trunnion, just fit and try.

The guide for 7.62 x 39 are nothing special, the .223 in the other hand needs a little bit

more work.

About drill, get a cheap drill or get a cheap press drill, harbor freight have press drills

for about 35 bucks, they work for what you want, or by one guide from dinzag

here on the forum.

Shit, excuses not to do something are plenty, I hear the same crap at work all the time

and if you dont try is because you dont want to.

If round trunnion, cost of the black iron nipple about 1.25 , they usually cut stuff for free

if cut trunnion, coast of welding metal stock about 2.50 dollars.

Cost of 8-32 or 10-32 tap and bit about 2 bucks, cost of 8-32 or 10-32 bolt about

35 cents each, cost of T handle for the tap about 3 bucks to 5 bucks, worst come to

worst if you dont want to get a drill, barrow one for some one, it can be done

any way if the will is there to do something.

Edited by vjor
Damn a bullet guide for a 76.62x39 is the easies thing to do, if your rifle has a uncut trunnion

go to hone depot, get a black iron or galvanize nipple about 8 inches long, get a tape measure,

measure about half inch on the nipple, make about 2 or 3 1/2 inch marks on the nipple ask the people

at home depot that cut the pipe in 1/2 inch rings ( they have a rigid treat machine to cut

black iron pipe in all home depot, the guy may look at you like you nuts, but he will cut the stuff for you

after you got the rings ( rings 1/2 long) get a cutting wheel for your dremel ( reinforce wheel )

cut the guide out of the ring, you just fit on the front trunnion and cut the piece you need

If cut trunnion, get some metal stock, they usually have about welding iron stock

3 feet by 1/2 by 1/8 inch or something similar, you can fill the cut plus make another

The guide for 7.62 x 39 are nothing special, the .223 in the other hand needs a little bit

more work.

About drill, get a cheap drill or get a cheap press drill, harbor freight have press drills

here on the forum.

Shit, excuses not to do something are plenty, I hear the same crap at work all the time

If round trunnion, cost of the black iron nipple about 1.25 , they usually cut stuff for free

Cost of 8-32 or 10-32 tap and bit about 2 bucks, cost of 8-32 or 10-32 bolt about

35 cents each, cost of T handle for the tap about 3 bucks to 5 bucks, worst come to

thanks for your guys help but I was not making excuse i was just asking a simpe qyestion mabe thats where I whent wrong

:unsure:

more work.

here on the forum.

thanks for your guys help but I was not making excuse i was just asking a simpe qyestion mabe thats where I whent wrong

You will find that the people can be overly helpful. At one time most everyone here thought of themselves as all thumbs when it comes to working on and fabricating parts for their own weapons. When a new guy comes on asking for a shortcut, (JB weld) everyone tries to jump in and give helpful advice. We can all remember what it was like being overwelmed by a task involving our guns and then the feeling of accomplishment when we did it ourselves and found that it was a lot easier than it first appeared. No one here is coming down on you. They are genuinely trying to help.

To answer the JB weld question; it will work for a little while but more than likely will fall out sooner than later. If a Dremel is all you have you can make your own with the pipe as was suggested and temporarily install it with the JB weld until you get or borrow the tools to install it properly.

more work.

here on the forum.

You will find that the people can be overly helpful. At one time most everyone here thought of themselves as all thumbs when it comes to working on and fabricating parts for their own weapons. When a new guy comes on asking for a shortcut, (JB weld) everyone tries to jump in and give helpful advice. We can all remember what it was like being overwelmed by a task involving our guns and then the feeling of accomplishment when we did it ourselves and found that it was a lot easier than it first appeared. No one here is coming down on you. They are genuinely trying to help.

To answer the JB weld question; it will work for a little while but more than likely will fall out sooner than later. If a Dremel is all you have you can make your own with the pipe as was suggested and temporarily install it with the JB weld until you get or borrow the tools to install it properly.

thanks mad milo that helps alot :)