What loads to use (or not use) for clays?

I'm planning on busting some clays this weekend, so I browsed the ammo section at Wally World and found target loads with descriptors like Supersport Sporting Clays, Light Target Loads, Low Recoil Low Noise Target Loads, and All-Purpose Loads. Has anybody had any problems or particularly good results with any of these?

I'm planning on busting some clays this weekend, so I browsed the ammo section at Wally World and found target loads with descriptors like Supersport Sporting Clays, Light Target Loads, Low Recoil Low Noise Target Loads, and All-Purpose Loads. Has anybody had any problems or particularly good results with any of these?

For informal clays there's few wrong choices.

Look for cheap.

Look for a std load (1 1/8 for 12ga, but 1 oz won't make you miss .... many)

Look for 1100 fps (roughly).

I'd guess that those All purpose loads fit the above description.

Some of those loads have a place. i.e. The low recoil low noise don't cycle many semiauto shotguns, but would be great for a pump or breakopen + kid/women shooter.

Some of the loads are built hot (sporting clays often run a little warmer, as do the super handicap trap). But untill you have specific needs, I'd just stay with the cheap all purpose loads.