Looking for a saiga

Hey everybody Im new to this forum and im interested in getting a saiga x39 w/16.3 barrel. Does anybody know any shops near philly that have them? Or maybe an online link. Thanks

Gilberts Guns, Stanely's Pro Shop for the online vendors

and since I'm not down your way I can't help for local shops but I can point ya over to the Pa Firearms forum (hotlink should be in my sig line) and there are plently of guys down east who should be able to give ya a hand with the local shops

VF is one of the best shows around. Less knives and junk than some of the others. Fun just to look and handle things you don't get to see so often. Sometime just seeing a gun in person can turn you off of something you were sure you'd like on on to something you had no interest in. Still never see CZ's priced reasonably...Keep in mind prices for stuff you want and how much they would cost with shipping and ffl transfer. There will be some sellers asking way too much.

Oh, and don't buy stuff from the Nazis. Firearms and historical stuff ok if you are in to that but the shitbags that sell new pins, knives etc. gotta go. It wouldn't be a pretty sight if my grandfather saw that crap.

Edited by Willie D
You don't need a dealer transfer at Gun Shows right? No FFL needed cause it's considered a private deal right?

i dont know how it works in PA, but in TX most sellers at gun shows are dealers, and therefore you need to go through the federal check that you normally go through. Same as a normal store. However, if a private seller is selling, then you dont need any check...in TX.

You don't need a dealer transfer at Gun Shows right? No FFL needed cause it's considered a private deal right?

i dont know how it works in PA, but in TX most sellers at gun shows are dealers, and therefore you need to go through the federal check that you normally go through. Same as a normal store. However, if a private seller is selling, then you dont need any check...in TX.

Pretty sure that is the way it flows up here too

Last time I was at the VF gun show (during the early summer) the dealers were running the background checks via cell phone while the buyer waited. I don't know about private sales but I did see lots of people walking around with their long guns and a price sticker on them so I know it does happen. Also, the saigas I saw were roughly going for market prices so it depends if you want to wait for the shipping and pay the transfer fees. If you happen to actually live in NJ (like me) then you need to bring along your FOID.

• 1 year later...
Last time I was at the VF gun show (during the early summer) the dealers were running the background checks via cell phone while the buyer waited. I don't know about private sales but I did see lots of people walking around with their long guns and a price sticker on them so I know it does happen. Also, the saigas I saw were roughly going for market prices so it depends if you want to wait for the shipping and pay the transfer fees. If you happen to actually live in NJ (like me) then you need to bring along your FOID.

I bought my first Saiga there this year. They did the background check via. cell phone. Some Junk at VF show but for the most part a great show. Walked out of there with a 7.62 Saiga and 1000 rds. for under $500. To me worth the admission price. Gun is still here, ammo gone..