2 config. Simultaneous Options - 1 Rifle

I know I'm nuts, but this is what Iv'e decided to do w/ the 762. No Gunsmithing.

1) Deremel the stock foregrip for the slots. (DONE) Looks Cool!

2) Add the 3x 9 x 42 Top Mount Compact Scope for $60 from CDNN (DONE) Nice...just sorta a bitch w/the New Top Guard that comes w/ it. (I had to do some serious (1+ Hr.) Dremel Work on it)

3) Add The Master Moulder (Thermold) 30 rd. mags (3 U.S. Parts) (DONE) - Just some Delicate Dremel Work Needed to 'Match Exactly" your Stock Saiga 10 rd. mags (font lip and rear catch).

4) Purchase the ACE Folding Stock KIt for SAIGA w/ PG. ($190). NEEDS TO BE DONE.

AT THIS POINT - We Decide Which OPTION We Want to, or Need To go With.:

Option #1 - Load The Rifle w/ the 30 rd. Mag. - A) Put on Folding Stock (Just Pull Off and Replace the StD. one w/) The ACE Stock / PG Set we Have ($190) - We are Now 'LEGAL'.

Option #2 - For Hunting (not that we can't use 30 rd. mags here in TX to Hunt, but (wouldn't be 922r compliant with the Russian Stock 10 rd. mag.) ....just to make her look more sporting (which I think looks cool and is a bit more lightweight to carry..Plus Then Legal W/ the Russian Stock 10 rd. mag.....We need to Swap out the the Stock... Back to the Orig. Config. - Keep the old STD. Stock and just put it back on for HUNTING!)

Simple - 2 Config. - Same gun! Awesome!

BS012

I know I'm nuts, but this is what Iv'e decided to do w/ the 762. No Gunsmithing.

1) Deremel the stock foregrip for the slots. (DONE) Looks Cool!

2) Add the 3x 9 x 42 Top Mount Compact Scope for $60 from CDNN (DONE) Nice...just sorta a bitch w/the New Top Guard that comes w/ it. (I had to do some serious (1+ Hr.) Dremel Work on it)

3) Add The Master Moulder (Thermold) 30 rd. mags (3 U.S. Parts) (DONE) - Just some Delicate Dremel Work Needed to 'Match Exactly" your Stock Saiga 10 rd. mags (font lip and rear catch).

4) Purchase the ACE Folding Stock KIt for SAIGA w/ PG. ($190). NEEDS TO BE DONE.

AT THIS POINT - We Decide Which OPTION We Want to, or Need To go With.:

Option #1 - Load The Rifle w/ the 30 rd. Mag. - A) Put on Folding Stock (Just Pull Off and Replace the StD. one w/) The ACE Stock / PG Set we Have ($190) - We are Now 'LEGAL'.

Option #2 - For Hunting (not that we can't use 30 rd. mags here in TX to Hunt, but (wouldn't be 922r compliant with the Russian Stock 10 rd. mag.) ....just to make her look more sporting (which I think looks cool and is a bit more lightweight to carry..Plus Then Legal W/ the Russian Stock 10 rd. mag.....We need to Swap out the the Stock... Back to the Orig. Config. - Keep the old STD. Stock and just put it back on for HUNTING!)

Simple - 2 Config. - Same gun! Awesome!

BS012

You aren't nuts. Thats the same thing I am going to do. I would be interested in a pic of the Dremel work you are doing to the stock foregrip. I wont be hunting with my Saiga but it would be nice to have the ability to go back to the 10 rd mag. Tapco has a Galil-style foregrip but its a lot of $$ for an unnecessary 922 part.

You might want to consider spending the $15 to get a US-made gas piston -- then you would have the option if you wanted it of using the 30-rd mags with the standard buttstock and still being 922R compliant.

Jim

I started a New Thread...oh well...on this...Posted some pics...Not Going To Do the Piston Thing Right now....just trying to Bolt On to get to 30 rd. Legally...My Next Saiga I'll Try that....This Is my First Time To get to 30 rd. Quickly....Maybe I'll get a .223 or I Might

want the .308 ??? But on the Next One...I'll be more Experienced, and ready to try the 'Real' conversion. But Thanks Jim, You have been a great help in what I've done so far.....everyonne on this Forum is the Best if you need any help!

BS012