Purchasing through CDNN - good decision?

Hello,

My local gun store doesn't stock Saigas, but they are an FFL holder, and I'd read that you can purchase Saigas through companies like CDNN and EAA, to have the gun shipped to a local dealer. I looked at EAA (very expensive, ~400 dollars) and CDNN (much less expensive, only $200 for a 22-inch-barrel model, which is what I want).

First question is, is CDNN reliable? Also, how do I go about purchasing the gun - do I pay through my local gun store, and have them actually place the order, or do I pay CDNN directly but have the gun shipped to the store?

Thank you for your time answering these questions.

I ordered from EAA through my gun store. You pay the gun store what they would charge if it was for sale on their wall and they get the gun for you. If the gun store doesn't use that particular company as a regular distributor, there will be a (usually $10-25) FFL transfer fee which you have to pay on top. That process goes for purchasing a gun from perhaps an internet source or an individual in some other state. The gun store works as a middleman.

The MSRP price listed on EAA isn't the price you pay. Its much akin to the MSRP on vehicles. The store here charges 10% over aquisition cost-your mileage may vary. My gun store happened to be a listed distributor for EAA so I didn't have to pay any FFL fees since it wasn't out of their way to order one; they just wrote down a Saiga 12 for me along with a standard inventory restock and it came in a couple weeks later.

I can't say the same for CDNN since I haven't used them but they are probably one of the big distributors of imported stuff too.

I've purchased a few handguns thru CDNN. Here's what l did.

1 call local dealer ask them to fax a copy of their FFL to CDNN

2 call CDNN & place your order ( I used ATM check card) have them ship it to your local dealer

3 pay your local dealer a $20-25 "thanx for your help fee" pick up your gun

4 head to range :killer:

I've ordered a bunch of stuff thru CDNN, and have nothing but good things to say. For firearms, you'll need a FFL holder to recieve them. Check with your FFL dealer to see if they have ever recieved firearms from CDNN as it only takes once (CDNN will keep copy on file) and this could save you a little wait.

Also check your gun shows. We have a local FFL that frequents gun shows and does a lot of business out of his house. He carries Saigas (and a lot of other stuff) at about the same price you can get on the internet. I don't know how he stays in business. Anyway, with sales tax it usually is about the same deal, but I get the saisfaction of handling before I buy.

YMMV