Bullet weight?

What weight bullet works best in the 16.inch carbine for yall my grouos wth.

What grain weight bullet is everyone having the most success with? The 55 grain bullets are giving me 4 inch groups but the 70 grain bullets are yielding 1 inch groups. Is this typical? Thanks Karl

Editor's Note: Edited for content... by a moderator. Yeah... LOL That was QUITE the long space in there wasnt it?!?!? hahaha :up:

• 1 month later...

Mine likes 50 grainers the best, by a lot.

I have shot 69rs and 75s, but they dont group too good.

I made up ten 50 gr nosler silvertips and shot those at the 50 target and they grouped very well.

About 1-1/2" and I was just blasting those off and not really even concentrating.

I made some more up of those, but I haven't got a chance to try those at 100yds.

Edited by BlackDog
Sorry for the shape of the last post my six year old got on the computer and "modified" my last post my question was wha t bullet weight is best with the he .223 Saiga 55 or70

It is not just about bullet weight, dogbone.

What loads are you using?

I have had very good success with Black Hills 69gr OTM (both Red and Blue box) and Privi Partisan 75gr HPBT.

I've also had some success with 55gr factory loads, both Remington's UMC FMJ load and Privi Partisan's M-193 spec FMJ load.

I use Wolf's Russian made steel cased, berdan primed, loads for plinking, whether it is in my Saiga, or my AR's. It is not good for much else, but it IS cheap.

Sorry for the shape of the last post my six year old got on the computer and "modified" my last post my question was wha t bullet weight is best with the he .223 Saiga 55 or70

It is not just about bullet weight, dogbone.

What loads are you using?

I have had very good success with Black Hills 69gr OTM (both Red and Blue box) and Privi Partisan 75gr HPBT.

I've also had some success with 55gr factory loads, both Remington's UMC FMJ load and Privi Partisan's M-193 spec FMJ load.

I use Wolf's Russian made steel cased, berdan primed, loads for plinking, whether it is in my Saiga, or my AR's. It is not good for much else, but it IS cheap.

I have been shooting Remington fmj 55 grain and some locally produced 72 grain soft pt. the heay stuff just seems to work better for me

I've been using 55 and 62 gr... but I'm not going for any super accurate stuff here, I mean, I have a target the size of COM and I hit it, but I understand other people like to make one small ragg'd hole in their targets. Last time I was shooting was a 6x10 steel plate at 100 yards and it was singing the PING!