410 early 3" gun?

ok guys its been awhile since i played with my saiga 410.i have 1 of the first ones too come into the country,its a 3" model with no gas adjustment.can i convert this gun to shoot the standard 2.5" shells?what would be envolved? will my gun in its original config shoot the steel case slugs and 00b loads from russia? thanks don

ok guys its been awhile since i played with my saiga 410.i have 1 of the first ones too come into the country,its a 3" model with no gas adjustment.can i convert this gun to shoot the standard 2.5" shells?what would be envolved? will my gun in its original config shoot the steel case slugs and 00b loads from russia? thanks don

Got any pics?

Does yours have a sight rib similar to the older 12 and 20 ga guns (but solid), no rear sight, and not adjustable? My K-USA .410 is like that and I have never seen another like it. I've had Aethelbert's 3" only gun field stripped beside it and there are also other differences, including the gas piston.

The wife's early .410 shoots well with barnul/bear. It is really what they were made to eat. They will not shoot shorter shells due to the fingers that extend back from the top of the front trunnion as a shell guide being too short. Also the non adjustable gas system cannot handle wussy ammo.

Got any pics?

Does yours have a sight rib similar to the older 12 and 20 ga guns (but solid), no rear sight, and not adjustable? My K-USA .410 is like that and I have never seen another like it. I've had Aethelbert's 3" only gun field stripped beside it and there are also other differences, including the gas piston.

My gun also fits that description. No rear sight, no gas tube release lever on the rear sight block and solid rib. Cobra could you post some photos of RSB and internals (gas piston etc) for comparison purposes? BTW my serial starts with 93 which I presume is year of manufacture?