8" VS 10" Tromix Shotguns

I have wanted a Micro 8" Tromix ever since I saw one and now I have heard by a few people that the 10" is Tony's cream of the crop. Can someone tell me the difference besides a measly 2" barrel length, and post pics of each if you have them.

Thanks,

E5H

Is either "more" reliable to shoot then the other. I shoot A LOT (monthly 200-500 rounds) of value packed WalMart ammo & other low brass stuff, will this function ok or would I need to switch to high brass ammo?

Although in theory the 10 will have more gas available, I find the 8 will shoot any ammo "I" have tried in it.

There may be some that won't cycle, but I believe any ammo that will work in a stock gun will work in an 8". The 8" is a fully developed design, Tony has really worked the bugs out of it. Now, the 6" gun is a little finicky....

Although in theory the 10 will have more gas available, I find the 8 will shoot any ammo "I" have tried in it.

There may be some that won't cycle, but I believe any ammo that will work in a stock gun will work in an 8". The 8" is a fully developed design, Tony has really worked the bugs out of it. Now, the 6" gun is a little finicky....

6" DEAR LORD ABOVE!! How short do they get????? :eek:

The 6" is the shortest that will cycle

img012.jpg

img010small-1.jpg

Thats the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: (The weapon that is....sorry Bob)

I think it was Tony that stated with the 8" that gloves are recommended when firing due to the fire ball coming back over your hand when used with a brake. Does this go for the Shark Brake as well? And what does it do to the HG, will it melt over time or damage it some how?

I never wear gloves when shooting...I dont have a shark break on my gun but I've shot plenty that did have. It won't hurt your hands or your handguard.

I do, however favor a vertical grip on a shorty...there's a real danger that your hand will slip forward over the muzzle.

I never wear gloves when shooting...I dont have a shark break on my gun but I've shot plenty that did have. It won't hurt your hands or your handguard.

I do, however favor a vertical grip on a shorty...there's a real danger that your hand will slip forward over the muzzle.

I have one with a 8 inch barrel, and the only thing I have noticed is the vent hole on the gas tube will burn the thumb if you are not careful.

I went with the 10" because I wanted to keep the factory handguard.........I just liked the way it looked with the Shark Brake right off the end !! I may eventually get an 8" as well, as time goes on.........they're really bad-ass too !!! It's really just a matter of preference as to 8" or 10"..........the real kicker is that it's a TROMIX !!! You just can't go wrong with one (or more) of Tony's guns !! :smoke:

post-3950-1192577207_thumb.jpg

One more question Bob....

Could you give me the over all length. In your picture it looks like more then the barrel was chopped. Does Tony shorten the receiver too some how?

The numbered area's are what I'd like to know if you can.....thanks for all the answers everyone!!

Picture1.jpg

No bro, the receiver's not chopped. The barrel is 6" long as measured from the closed bolt face.

EDIT TO ADD: in your pic above, the receiver section (#1) should go further forward, to the back of the handguard. Look at the bottom edge of the receiver and where the mag goes in.

Edited by BobAsh