AOW tromix s12

virgin s12 reciever?

No such thing. You'd have to take an AK receiver and modify it for the Saiga trunnions.

If you're a really good gunsmith it would be possible. I doubt it be worth the $195 you'd save.

virgin s12 reciever?

No such thing. You'd have to take an AK receiver and modify it for the Saiga trunnions.

If you're a really good gunsmith it would be possible. I doubt it be worth the $195 you'd save.

could you specify the set up you hve on your picture then? i like it

It wouldnt be worth while for most, but for those of us who live in Indiana and other silly states that dont allow SBS it would be fantastic. In case Tony and the gang at Tromix had a lull in demand (HA) they can go that route to drum up some more bussines. Ya I am not going to hold my breath on that one.

-Brian

I already scrapped a gun in order to make a template off the receiver. I have it all pounded flat, but that's about as far as that project got. There are also ATF issues with this, since they earlier ruled that the Saiga-12 does not have a Trunion, so it is possible that they feel the serialized (trunion) piece is actually the receiver and not the sheet metal channel. If that is the case, then you would have to make a virgin trunion piece, not a virgin channel. Or maybe they feel the S-12 receiver is like an M-60, in which case there is no receiver until the front, rear, rails, and channel are assembled into a single unit.

With a years worth of work piled up, I have other things to deal with then sorting out the AOW receiver issue with the BATFE.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Nice to know youre thinking of us Tony. I pretty much figured that a workload with no end in sight would take priority, as that is what pays the bills. Nice to have a pet project though for when the monotanny of building awesome SBS's becomes too much to bear. Keep us Hoosiers posted if anything comes of this project, no matter the time frame.

-Brian

...could you specify the set up you hve on your picture then? i like it

All our shorties are SBS's, none are AOW's.

Another thing I failed to mention above is that if you went AOW you couldn't have a shoulder stock, thereby making it useless as a weapon, imo.

Bob,

The "weapon" would not need a stock to be "useful", maybe only a drum from Mike. Shooting the gun could quite possibly be compared to Rodeo F--king, Just hang on for the 8 second count. But my state has banned SBS & SBR's, so what other choice do we have, other than that sissy shottie with 2 rounds, Hell, a Snake Charmer would be better than that. Now what would be fun to see is either a Thunder 5 or the Judge produced in 12 gauge, now that would be a BLAST.:):):)

S-12 pistol, no stock, a forward grip, and a drum.... might want to have a way to attach your front hand glove to the vertical forward grip so there's no way it's coming out....

20 rd bumpfire through an S-12 pistol? . . . more like 2 second rodeo. If you watch Tony's shorty FA s-12 it dumps all 10 shots in under a second.