SLR handguards fit a .223?

Well that pretty much says it all... I got a SLR stock set cheap thinking it would fit my .223. The stock doesn't fit. Are the handguards going to? I know I need one of Dinzag's Lower retainer and a regular gas tube.

As always,

Thanks all!!

Well that pretty much says it all... I got a SLR stock set cheap thinking it would fit my .223. The stock doesn't fit. Are the handguards going to? I know I need one of Dinzag's Lower retainer and a regular gas tube.

As always,

Thanks all!!

(I'm tempted to ask if your "SLR" reference means "Self-Loading Rifle," AKA british FAL, which is one GREAT firearm, but I won't... ;>)

As always,

Thanks all!!

(I'm tempted to ask if your "SLR" reference means "Self-Loading Rifle," AKA british FAL, which is one GREAT firearm, but I won't... ;>)

Bob, I was thinking the same as you, lol,,, just curios about and wondering :D .

Edited by vjor

The tap on the back of the hand guard is smaller on the milled receiver like naliot says, but is a way

to fix it if the tap is solid and not cut like some imported hand guards.

Please look at the tap on the back of the hand guard, the part that goes into receiver

see if solid piece of plastic or is slot and from there we will go into fixing it.

It will probably wiggle a bit (the stub that fits into the receiver is more narrow on a milled receiver AK than a stamped one [which the saiga has]), but it will fit.

I once used a small piece of 1/8" aluminum plate to build an adapter (kind of "E" shaped), so I could use a modified East German 'milled' lower handguard on an AMD-65. Acted as a filler or spacer, only hand tools (& a little time ;>) required to make it work. I think I still have the handguard & adapter somewhere, although I no longer own the AMD-65...