Browning .22 rifle(Japanese) versus Norinco clone

OK,I once had a Norinco Browning .22 semi-auto rifle clone that I sold off for namely 2 reasons.

1. The rifle when assembled was very shaky and did not lock up together well at all.

2. The sights I could not see as they were so low that I had to put my cheek extremely far back near the buttplate just to kinda use them.

I looked at a 1980's brand new vintage Browning at a gun show for $400 but the owner was all scratch scared and did not assemble it for me, plus I left my money at home anyway.Is the above problems the same on the Japanese made Browning .22 takedown rifle?Neat backpacker if the above problems aren't encountered,but a bit pricey.Thoughts?

Edited by THE_HUNTER

cant tell ye, but the fact that the Browning was assembled in Japan doesn't make it bad at all. most of the Brownings and nearly all Winchester rifles are assembled in Japan.

anyhow, what i wanted to say: if the owner doesn't want to assemble it, don't buy it. i would never trust a deal like that!

1: If you tighten the barrel nut a bit more than what you can when the barrel is locked it won't shake at all. Do this by turning the nut a bit more when barrel is removed after it is tightened to max when locked to receiver. Also Browning ratles if the nut is loose. ;)

Assembly is difficult if bolt isn't kept back...

-Jumikuula aka JamShot

Edited by JumiKuula
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well,at a gunshow I found a 1965 Belgium Browning .22LR,mint with the box and got it for $560.She is pristine and a beauty!Lock up is a dream and the sights are very good.Quality way over the Japanese one.It even is factory receiver grooved for a .22 scope mount!I will cry when she gets the first scratch..... ;)

Oh!Also I was told by the guy I bought this from that the Japanese Browning stocks were actually salted so they would dry faster in manufacturing.Thus being said,if the gun gets wet,the salt comes out and rusts it!

Edited by THE_HUNTER