8 Rounders ??

I as a privet citizen you want some 8 round mags contact Oleg at www.rusmilitary.com you will pay a lot for them but Oleg is reliable and honest you will get what you pay for. It may take some time. If they are not in stock right now get on his waiting list.

And yes that brown nose thing you got it! :D

IIRC, FBMG was going to produce exact copies of the S12 factory 8 rd mags. I don't know if they still plan to, but given the fact that they no longer post here due to peoples unreal behavior regarding 20rd S308 mag availability and delivery, i think they may have decided not to do us any more favors. I don't blame them if thats the case. They did right by me, but other people were impossible to please.

It's been said before. Buy an AGP and cut it down and use Tony's floorplate adapter. There you go, an 8rd for like $50 instead of 100.

SN yes , yes ,yes i have seen that SEVERAL times and like you I also can read but if you would have taken the time to read the ENTIRE post you would have seen that

1. I don't think paying MORE to refit an already expensive product is what I and others want

2. Warrenty ?? what warrenty, you lose that the moment you cut the $50.00 mags

3. Function ? I goof & I have a $50.00 paperweight, send me a brand new FULLY TESTED mag with

a warrenty any time thanks ....

but hey if you wanna go into the business of "converting" 10 rounders to 8 rounders with a warrenty

for under $10.00 a conversion.... were do I send it to? I.m sure myself and a few more here on this forum alone will keep you busy for a very long time.

But until your ready for production I think I'll continue to explore this idea. Keep me posted on you new enterprise I look forward to doing business with you. :)

Ok I can see you are dead serious about wanting your mag to hold 8 rds instead of 10 and do not want to risk messing up the mag with too many thumbs...

I do not think there is enough market for a single stack mag that holds 3 more than a 5rdr and two less than a 8 rdr. I just don't. It's no small thing to produce a working S-12 mag out of injection molded plastic, or steel either for that matter, one guy tried and threw in the towel after getting us all worked up about it.

WTF ever happened to him anyway? What happened to those "parts" he was offering for sale here and then even that disappeared.... :unsure:

Anywhoo...right now we are stuck with having to pay for an 8 (or a 2) if we want it or just settle for what is available and do some simple mods to it. Like I said, I'm discussing with Mike D the possibility of making his new mags easily convertible to a lesser capacity. (BTW that can also work both ways...)

Til then you have two easy options. You can try trimming the follower to get 6 in a 5 rdr (I haven't done this, I'm just guessing)

OR you can do what I have been doing for a long time and put one of these...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...amp;hl=limiters

in a 10 rdr to make it hold 8.

It's either that or cut your mag down, void your warranty, and use a new floorplate. If you can take your existing floorplate off, get the follower out without launching the spring and injuring yourself or others, and put it all back together, then you can install one of these yourself, I don't care how dangerous you are with a screwdriver. :smoke:

no pics of that mag reducer cobra?

And what happened to the +2rd extensions for the S-12 mags?

How bout I send you a pic for 5 dollars? :D

The guy making the +2 extensions scuttled the project because he didn't think he could make money on it doing them by hand and he never got the machinery together to do it.

Maybe I'll add that one to my list of projects too if there is enough interest in it....

Firts I want to see a definitive ruling on whether or not it's cool with the guvment to have more than ten rds in a stick mag.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Howdy guys,

I have two S-12s at present. One is a loaner from one of my staff instructors, the other one is mine, but i wrapped under the tree right next to a couple of .22 LR Chipmunks. The Chipmunks are destined for the little guys, and the Saiga 12 is destined to Tony Rumore.

I've been working with the loaner for a while and have the exchange of magazines (5 rounders) down very nice. it is almost as fats in changing magazines as my AKs. And that is fully loaded magazines with a closed bolt. I don't drop magazines if I can help it for tactical reasons and I don't speed load things in the CQB environment. If you guys are interested in the developments in our Saiga Shotgun Gunfighting curriculum, I can do so in a different thread.

On to the magazines. As soon as I got my Saiga I ordered ten 5 round magazines from my distributor. These are fast, light and compact. I don't feel too bad with five rounds since the remington 870 I used for real years ago only had four shots and those seemed to be enough. After all, five shots of buckshot should solve most earthly issues with certainty. Couple that with judicious practice in exchanging magazines and you will do fine.

The "judicious practice",by the way, is essential if you plan to put any of those AR-15 geeks in their place when they whine about the 'ergonomics" of the Russian guns not being as easy to work with (I think the Russian guns are easier to work with than USA guns).

I also got a couple of ten rounders. These are very nicely made and very strong. I actually tried running one over with my Tahoe. But they are also overly large for quick use. It may be different for you guys, but I can't manupulate the ten rounders as fast as I can the five rounders. No way no how. That brings up the discussion of 8 round magazines.

The Russians are very practical when it comes to their weapons. If they thought ten rounds was the ticket, they would have made it. Perhaps they know something we don't? My idea is that if one can add a couple of rounds, but lose some of the excessive mass, you might come up with a good magazine. A magazine that is both reliable as well as easy to work with. Until then, the 5 round magazines are just fine for me.

And drums? Heck, this is america and I think any of us should be able to own anything we want. But like in the Hunt For Red October...when Ryan asks, "Can you launch an ICBM horizontally?" The sub captain replies, "Sure, but why would you want to". I see drum magazines in the same vein. I don't see any tactical use for them.

The more I work with my Saiga, the more I realize it leaves the Benelli, and 11-87 in the dust. Giving up two rounds is nothing compared to all the other advantages that it does give us.

And on the Russian 8 rounders? Who knows what can happen. Boxes of stuff have been known to get lost here and there...when you know the right people in Belarus :chris:

Gabe Suarez

www.suarezinternational.com