Is a conversion to a Saiga RPK possible?

Dont have a saiga 762X39 yet but plan on getting 1 but i do have a saiga 223, I would just go with the saiga 762x39 with a 20in barrel and get dinzags lower and upper retaiers and you should be good to go. When i get get my saiga im going to try and go for the RPK look too.

Anything you can pay for is possible my friend, but first off, I think your going to be looking at a threaded barrel on the RPK, and a press barrel on the Saiga. The second problem I would have doing the conversion, is the RPK barrel never seemed to give an advantage in accuracy. The heavier barrel seemed to be built to hold up under prolonged firing and heat issues, rather than serving as a heavy target barrel. I've put the barrels on earlier AK's, and never got an increase in accuracy, but it is a definite increase in way cool look........ :smoke:

Anything you can pay for is possible my friend, but first off, I think your going to be looking at a threaded barrel on the RPK, and a press barrel on the Saiga. The second problem I would have doing the conversion, is the RPK barrel never seemed to give an advantage in accuracy. The heavier barrel seemed to be built to hold up under prolonged firing and heat issues, rather than serving as a heavy target barrel. I've put the barrels on earlier AK's, and never got an increase in accuracy, but it is a definite increase in way cool look........ :smoke:

Only milled rpk's are threaded. A lot were press pinned in stamped receivers.

They the have buldged trunions as well like stamped yugos.

You are right in that rpk's are not more accurate. They are simply designed for spray and pray.

Ya I'm not going much for accuracy. I'll be happy to hit things at targets at 100 yards with rappid trigger pulling.

Too bad there is no legal way (that I know of) to make it into a 3 round burst. I believe that that is still a class II or class III weapon which is illegal convert right? I would love to have a full auto but would settle for 3 round burst if that was legal... :unsure: Anyone know?

Also is there a way to put wood grips on?