I have a Hesse converted .308 that functions and shoots great. I have read about Hesse but I have had no short term problems. I would like to put a hunting stock on the rifle but am unsure of the mfg. of the FCG. Can it just be shifted to the existing holes or will I also need to purchase a new FCG?

the FCG needs replacing when you CONVERT the gun. not the other way around. you may need a part or two, however.

in the attached pic, (neither is a saiga 308) above is an SAR1, lower is an unconverted saiga12, you can see the "rocker" that bridges the gap that is created when you move the trigger back.

I dont know how relevant this is in terms of the saig308. It is built a little different, so this may be information that is irrelevant.

post-83-1197746657_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bvamp

Yep...irrelevant...the .308 FCG is different than all the other Saigas.

It uses a trigger with an extra long reach that comes down thru the receiver in the same place the other unconverted Saiga triggers do, but instead of that forked rocker thing used as a linkage to the actual trigger part, it is all one piece. You need to take out your existing FCG and put one in that was made for the gun. You may not like it though, it's very strange and sweeps upward as you pull it back. I have some pictures somewhere in here of what it looks like out of the gun. I'll see if I can find them....

• 5 months later...

I probably don't understand, but, why don't you sell your 308 and buy a unmodified 308? With the price of 308 ammunition, the 308 shooters in my area have stopped shooting them. The local gun shop has a Saiga 308 for $350.